Beneteau 411

spencerd

Visit site
Hi all,
Just purchased a beneteau clipper 2 cabin 411 (2000) and would appreciate any info on fitting holding tanks? And for the life of me cannot locate the house batteries... must be stupid!!!
Thanks
Spencer

davethedog

Visit site
Think on them the house batteries are in the aft cabin under the bed. Note I said "think" as I know they are under the STBD side aft cabin bed on the 3 cabin version I have worked on.

Bajansailor

Visit site
Re fitting holding tanks, the easiest / simplest I have seen were two on a Jeanneau SO 40 - she had cylindrical stainless steel tanks (not very large) fitted in the outlet hoses between the the toilets and the seacocks on the through hull fittings.
The hose went in to the top of the tank, out from the bottom of the tank, with a ball valve just underneath the tank for closing off the overboard discharge when required.
Ensure that the tank is perhaps a metre above the through hull fitting (ie above the waterline), and then gravity will do (most of) the work to drain it when you open the ball valve underneath it to empty it out at sea.
If required, you could install a three way valve between the tank and the through hull fitting, so that the sewage can either be sent overboard, or to a deck fitting from where it can be pumped out as required (eg if there are strict rules about emptying the tank at sea).

spencerd

Visit site
Re fitting holding tanks, the easiest / simplest I have seen were two on a Jeanneau SO 40 - she had cylindrical stainless steel tanks (not very large) fitted in the outlet hoses between the the toilets and the seacocks on the through hull fittings.
The hose went in to the top of the tank, out from the bottom of the tank, with a ball valve just underneath the tank for closing off the overboard discharge when required.
Ensure that the tank is perhaps a metre above the through hull fitting (ie above the waterline), and then gravity will do (most of) the work to drain it when you open the ball valve underneath it to empty it out at sea.
If required, you could install a three way valve between the tank and the through hull fitting, so that the sewage can either be sent overboard, or to a deck fitting from where it can be pumped out as required (eg if there are strict rules about emptying the tank at sea).
Thanks, I think I will be fitting only 1 as there seems to be a large space in the stern heads.

RupertW

Visit site
That’s exactly how it is on ours and I think is very common. The only control is the outlet seacock. No twist turns or Y-valves to cause blockages or need for any pump apart from the one on the toilet.