Beneteau 41.1 clipper cold box and fridge

spencerd

Visit site
Calling all Beneteau Oceanis Clipper 411 owners. Does the cold / freezer box have a separate compressor as it looks like some copper pipes have been cut under the sink and the cold box does not get cold. Although the fridge works well. Thanks

Beneteau381

Visit site
Calling all Beneteau Oceanis Clipper 411 owners. Does the cold / freezer box have a separate compressor as it looks like some copper pipes have been cut under the sink and the cold box does not get cold. Although the fridge works well. Thanks
My 381, very similar, the fridge is run from the compressor unit under the sink. The copper pipes deliver gas to and from the evaperator. Cut pipes mean no gas to and from the evaperator, they could be repaired, the unit then vacuumed and refilled with gas.

Mistroma

Greece briefly then Scotland for rest of summer
www.mistroma.com
So has any one removed the compressor unit for the cold box or are they drain pipes?
I think that is what OP is asking. I've been on plenty of boats with a freezer sitting beside the fridge and fitted with 2 compressors. They tended to be on larger boats of 45' or more. I remember a couple of people who just used the freezer as a cool box to save power.

No idea about the Beneteau 411 and thought it would only be a cool box as standard. I suppose Beneteau might actually fit a plate as standard to make an upgrade simpler. I hope you get a reply from a 411 owner.

Last edited:

spencerd

Visit site
I think that is what OP is asking. I've been on plenty of boats with a freezer sitting beside the fridge and fitted with 2 compressors. They tended to be on larger boats of 45' or more. I remember a couple of people who just used the freezer as a cool box to save power.

No idea about the Beneteau 411 and thought it would only be a cool box as standard. I suppose Beneteau might actually fit a plate as standard to make an upgrade simpler. I hope you get a reply from a 411 owner.
Thanks, I guess there was a separate compressor..

Other threads that may be of interest