Belfast to Lerwick in Feburary- Best place to fill up with Red Diesel in W. Scotland / Isles?

kitling89

Visit site
We are finally getting ready to leave, hopefully as the lockdown begins to lift in Feburary.
Any recommendations on where to pick up approx 400l of red diesel on the way between Belfast and Shetlands?

We use it primarily for the Refleks stove this time of year and I want to fill up before winter in Norway...

Quandary

Visit site
Cheapest I know of is Flowerdale pier in Gairloch, good turnover to fishing boats, sold by Highland Council, harbourmaster (Len) on quay. Payment by card can be slow as he has to do it through Lochinver. Working hours (check re Covid ) and you need a fender board for the pier.
In theory Lochinver should be the same price, Highland Councils head office is just above the pump and they are helpful and friendly too, normally massive turnover servicing French and Spanish trawlers but brexit has probably put a stop to that?
The other Highland Council pumps are at Kyle of Loch Alsh (bit awkward) and Kinlochbervie.
Higher prices but perhaps easier access at Tobermory, Craobh Haven etc. Mallaig (Johnstons) and Ullapool I have only ever been able to buy in cans.

SaltIre

Visit site
We are finally getting ready to leave, hopefully as the lockdown begins to lift in Feburary.
Any recommendations on where to pick up approx 400l of red diesel on the way between Belfast and Shetlands?

We use it primarily for the Refleks stove this time of year and I want to fill up before winter in Norway...
Out of interest, have you made the trip and where did you refuel?

kitling89

Visit site
Strong southerly winds in February had us doing very little motoring and we made it to Sheltand without having to fill up.
Even then I wasn't in a rush to find fuel but a guy on the pier in Aith had it for 50p / liter! so we filled the tanks and about half the cans as well.
We just arrived in Faroe and it appears to be quite a bit more expensive here.