Beautiful Thames ?

Corona Mia

Visit site
Thanks…….and that’s very generous of you. ?

Whilst I’m a new member, I’ve been following the Forums for many years.
Following the ‘threads’ it seems that lots of you (who are probably a lot more iT proficient) have problems posting photos?

But I’ll give it a try.?

Northern Star

Visit site
I really don't get all those moaning people on here as this is the Thames Court tonight and it is flat calm.

Laleham was empty as was up stream from here with just Amadeus and Winifred across from me at Weybridge.

I can count on one hand the number of boats I have seen out today and it is 12 deg so not exactly cold either.

Oh well up to Laleham tomoro and that blue box looks like it is sinking now just upstream of Chertsey lock, it looks like they have taken to wild camping for the winter so good luck to them.

IMG_6229.jpeg

oldgit

Visit site
Perhaps folks were never designed to appreciate what is on their own doorstep .
You dont know what youve got till its gone.

Gavin E

Visit site
OK, I'll admit it's the only place we've ever had a boat so we have nothing else to compare it with, but we love the Thames and find very little to moan about.

Yes, there are a couple of dull bits, but these are very uncommon, and the amount of unlicensed slum boats is irritating, but what the hell.... we weren't expecting perfection....

Northern Star

Visit site
The good, now at Laleham and the only boat on a flat calm river:

IMG_6237.jpeg

and the bad moored just upstream from Chertsey lock but at least well away from visitor moorings:

IMG_6231D.jpeg

Outinthedinghy

Visit site
That could get quite messy if it came adrift in flooding.

I spent part of one of the flood events a couple of years ago moored at the Laleham mooring and hell's teeth a lot of water goes down there! Not an awful lot of rise due to being above the weir but fast and a lot of cumecs.

Would be very awkward to remove that from the Chertsey Weir if it did get entangled. Could damage the rather small radial gates I think.

Outinthedinghy

Visit site
Nice to see BJ Woods still there. For some reason I thought they were on the way out.

I was in Richmond briefly today (on land) as it happens. Slightly odd with the draw off to see the River so low.

Lovely day it was. Proper English weather.

Time Out

Visit site
Nice to see BJ Woods still there. For some reason I thought they were on the way out.

I was in Richmond briefly today (on land) as it happens. Slightly odd with the draw off to see the River so low.

Lovely day it was. Proper English weather.

Off-topic but have done a couple of draw off trips now, I can just about squeeze down the main channel top end of Eel Pie, however, it's like the rapids with the sheer volume of water trying to get through the very narrow gap! coming back is even more fun! No serious finds as yet.