Beautiful Thames ?

normskib

Visit site
The River Thames has just been voted the most Beautiful stretch of water in Europe ! My question are we in total agreement ?

normskib

Visit site
Articles in both the times and the daily express today The Thames was voted the most popular river in Europe receiving a whopping 405.000 more online votes then either the river Seine in France and the Danube in Germany in second place was the Danube and in third place they Elbe and Last but no means least the Seine .

normskib

Visit site
The stretch between Bolters lock and Cookham lock taking in the Clivden reach Easily the most beautiful Stretch of the River Thames By far what’s your favourite place ?

Time Out

Visit site
Prob where I am sitting now. Having a coffee at The Lensbury looking and listening to the weir !

Or anything above Windsor ;)

Outinthedinghy

Visit site
I quite like the Hambleden - Hurley reach.

Photo from the dinghy with my cheap Chinese phone doesn't do the Danesfield House justice but anyway

10 minutes agoIMG_20211113_145357.jpg

The Thames is endlessly beautiful. Ok so in winter you need good cameras but it is still amazing in real life.

Quiet now as a lot of boats out of water for winter.

Desolate in fact but still a wonderland.

Outinthedinghy

Visit site
Back in the summer I was a fan of the Abingdon-Sandford reach.

Lovely bit of River where I had the pleasure of finding a high class mooring for a while

IMG_20211113_150322.jpg

Nice little run down to Abingdon in the dinghy for provisioning . I could get used to this !

In the shadow of the Nuneham estate.

Time Out

Visit site
Back in the summer I was a fan of the Abingdon-Sandford reach.

Lovely bit of River where I had the pleasure of finding a high class mooring for a while

View attachment 125726

Nice little run down to Abingdon in the dinghy for provisioning . I could get used to this !

In the shadow of the Nuneham estate.

Despite you cruising the length of the Thames frequently I have never seen your boat !

I love it !

Corona Mia

Visit site
There’s lots of great bits……but I guess it depends what interests you??

A chilly early dawn Passage from Teddington Lock heading seaward through the ‘still sleeping’ centre of London is spectacular.
(Even if the children usually refused to get out of their bunks to see it!☹️)

The historical remnants of Dickensian London, old docks, even older fortifications and wharfs, on the section from Tower Bridge to Sea Reach No1 (where you begin to smell the ‘salt’)…….I always find fascinating.?

I think my favourite bit is probably between Boulters Lock and Sonning…….with the Chiltern hills rising above you.
It’s even better on a sunny autumnal day with the soft light on the golden/russet leaves.

But there’s lots of other rather lovely sections.?
l‘ve lots of lovely pictures but I’m a bit daunted about trying to post any of them here with my IT skills.?

DWT

Visit site
I don't really have any experience of any of the other rivers mentioned to make a comparison, but the Thames has variety and beauty throughout it's length. Everyone waxes on about the Cliveden reach, but for some reason I find it a bit dark and foreboding and I prefer the Goring Gap and the moorings at Beale Park.

Outinthedinghy

Visit site
.?
l‘ve lots of lovely pictures but I’m a bit daunted about trying to post any of them here with my IT skills.?

If you would like to email me pictures I can have a go at putting them on here. ndrwcrosby@gmail.com.

There is an "attach files" option on the forum for posts where you can add pictures but quite often they are too big. Of course if you meant that you have paper photos and unable to put them into digital images that is an altogether different kettle of fish !