• REMINDER - COVID-19

Any content, information, or advice found on social media platforms and the wider Internet, including forums such as YBW, should NOT be acted upon unless checked against a reliable, authoritative source, and re-checked, particularly where personal health and liberty is at stake. Seek professional advice/confirmation before acting on such at all times.

Users who are found to promulgate FAKE NEWS on the forum in regard to this issue, intentional or otherwise, may find their access terminated. It is your responsibility to provide references to bona fide sources.

FAKE NEWS, in this regard, is that which is posited by organisations, media, etc., that is repeated on the forum, or used to support personal opinion/hypothesis posted by users - FAKE NEWS is not necessarily the personal opinion/hypothesis being posted in itself, any issues with such should be challenged respectfully.

IN ADDITION it seems that conspiracy theories are finding their way onto the forum. This is not the place for such content. Users who post it may find their access limited or permanently suspended. Please leave it where you find it.

Beale Park update........

Mushroom2

As of Wednesday this week (23rd) all the " No Mooring" signs at Beale Park had disappeared. I was told it was possible vandalism, but if so it was very thorough as there were a hell of a lot of them along the whole length of the park land.
Some hope of a reprive.

DogsBody

I noticed that when I was up that way last week - signs all along there on my way up river, returning on the 18th just the mounting posts the signs had been fixed to remained - didn't see a single sign still in place along the whole length. I did wonder if they'd had a change of heart with regard to allowing moorings.

Leighb

Some years ago, the Ship at Levington had a sign which read “No children, dogs or Europeans” !! The first two certainly applied, I had no experience of the third.

DogsBody

Talking of signs...Am I the only one that thinks the attached is overkill?
I get the covid-19 restrictions are important but do we really need 3 signs on the same noticeboard telling us to keep our 2m apart?

Attachments

ianc1200

The EA have got a very good signs department. They are no good at anthing else, but the EA excels when it comes to putting up signs.

Old Crusty

The EA have got a very good signs department. They are no good at anthing else, but the EA excels when it comes to putting up signs.
The EA prefers a sign, it saves having a real person to justify the latest wheeze. All are printed in the EA's department for stating the bleeding obvious.