BBQ

Lakesailor

Visit site
Hi,

It's that time again when right-thinking Northern-based forumites should be thinking of a BBQ on the shores of Windermere.
Last year's event was such a success that even if it doesn't rain cats and dogs it should be worth repeating.

Let's pick a date now and float it about. Otherwise we'll have the same procrastination that led us to the rainy season last year. Mind you I think we can't do it before lateish July now.

Best to avoid the Airshow weekend, or not?

Windermere Cruising Assoc don't seem to have the Harrowslack venue listed for any of it's events.

Phil

Lakesailor

Visit site
Anytime for me except next Saturday,

Just saw Aquaplane Bob's boat at the public jetty early this morning but left him to it as he was probably giving it big zzzzzzzs. It may have been his daughter anyway and a strange man rattling her windows may have alerted the Windermere Riot Police.

Last edited:
Visit site
Right, Sorry for the tremendous delay, trying to extract dates from the family is like trying to get blood from a stone.
We are free on the weekend of the 31st Jul, and 3rd and 4th of Aug.
I imagine this is too short notice ect for most, so it looks as if the WMM will have to take place without us, still, more beer for the rest of you.
Hopefully the ball will start rolling again soon, Phil, Could you possibly stick an advert on PBO or somewhere pointing this forum?
Hope to see you all soon, Matt (Solenette)

Lakesailor

Visit site
I was just beggining to think all lakes forumites had been imprisoned.
No great leap to support the BBQ.
Mind you after the 1st day of the Windermere Airshow I would think forward planning is all but pointless.
Low cloud and constant drizzle. No performances.

aquaplane

www.utilitywarehouse.co.uk
The Airshow was a bit damp wasn't it, we managed to see some action Sunday afternoon though. I thought I might see Lakie about but the boat was all lonely when we passed.

I'm sorry I missed this before now, thanks Matt for the nudge in the right direction.

We are playing out with Total Sailing next W/E (31/7-1/8) but I think we don't have anything booked after that.

The LDBC boat parade is the following W/E I think, we usually just watch though so we're free then too.

Lakesailor

Visit site
I noticed you with a red dinghy in tow passing through the bay. After Saturday's dampness we decided to walk to the Glebe and view from there rather than sit on the mooring in the rain. Frankly the organistaion was piss-poor and the fact a commercial events company is running it next year can only be a bonus.
I mean, a powered glider, a Jet Provost and a Tocano had no business on the prgramme and the Battle of Britain Flight usually bail out to some extent. Added to a commentator who opens his mouth before a sentence has formed and you get the picture.

The acrobatics were better.

airshow01.jpg

airshow02.jpg