Bawdsey's Lost Port. Suffolk Coast. Newspaper article.

Easticks28

Visit site
"However, that all changed between the 14th and 16th centuries, thanks to major global climate change.
“The scientific data shows that climate change caused the frequency and severity of storms to increase greatly. Some storms caused Dunwich to be washed away,"
:D

Leighb

Visit site
The article has a map of what the boffins think Suffolk looked like in Ye Olde Times but it's the size of a postage stamp and nearly illegible.
I suppose that depends on what device you are viewing it? On my iPad it is quite readable and informative, however I had just read the article in print an hour or so ago.

Aquaboy

Visit site
As I understand it we also had rivers at Sizewell and Thorpeness before the sand dunes appeared and blocked them.
The river Yox still enters the sea at Minsmere.
A night in Bawdsey Fleet watching the sunset totally sheltered..... us shallow boater's have missed out on so many anchorages all in the name of progress.......... and sea defences.....

Tomahawk

Visit site
Did I read this right:-
However, that all changed between the 14th and 16th centuries, thanks to major global climate change.

Without CO2? How dare he suggest climate change without CO2?
As an act of contrition I will now wash my mouth out with neat single malt for being controversial on East Coast

LONG_KEELER

Visit site
Did I read this right:-
However, that all changed between the 14th and 16th centuries, thanks to major global climate change.

Without CO2? How dare he suggest climate change without CO2?
As an act of contrition I will now wash my mouth out with neat single malt for being controversial on East Coast

No doubt due to Oliver Cromwell's republican policies.

i.e. probably encouraged the masses to buy horse and carts along with scrappage schemes .