Batteries - how to get

duncan_m

Visit site
500 quid for a 100Ah renogy one that imho is equiv to X3 120Ah leads, given the labels are usually very inaccurate combined with how quickly they deteriorate and 50% DoD vs 20% and about 170 for the charger.

sailaboutvic

Visit site
500 quid for a 100Ah renogy one that imho is equiv to X3 120Ah leads, given the labels are usually very inaccurate combined with how quickly they deteriorate and 50% DoD vs 20% and about 170 for the charger.
100 ah will give you 80 so not to push it , some say lithium will give you 90% but personally I wouldn't want to push them that far .
Don't want to drift this thread but just to say the great thing I found is there no worry about them to float like LA and they will take what ever charge you throw at them .
With Our 400ah bank they no problems with several days of cloud replacing small amount of charge until the sun comes out again and we use them hard .

duncan_m

Visit site
Yeah agreed on the % front.. My testing of our last leads found that the 110's were actually closer to 80Ah new so 40Ah usable. But in colder climates and constant heavy loads it was pointless or summer heat like our fridge + freezer + laptops etc in August in the Balearics they wouldn't have stood a chance.

Graham I will ask around here at our marina. The guys in our marina seem pretty proactive and knowledgeable albeit somewhat price insensitive...

graham460

Visit site
Hi Graham, by random chance we're on our Nauticat 42 in Alghero for the winter, we should meet up.

For batteries I would order lithium batteries from Germany via Renogy. You'll never need to change them again and you'll have a bit more space in your engine bay.
Talk lithium and automatically people think £££££££ ,
But they don't have to be if you handy type of guy.
Some here on ybw have build bank for hundreds rather then thousands of pounds,
Depending what your looking for and now you can buy dropping batteries at similar cost to good agm ,
There is a chance with unmarked lithium drop ins , that is you don't know what's in side the case or what bms .
I think the question you need to ask yourself is , will I still have the boat when next I have to replace then , if so lithium will save you money , as well as will get much more power and their lightly .
HELLO
I will be in Alghero in 4 days time My Boat is in FERTILLA

email gd460 @ aol.com

rgds

Graham

graham460

Visit site
Hello
Here I am moored in Port Torres, Sardinia. (nice 'real' town and cheap!) But my domestic batteries are completely and totally fooked.

Easy enough to get in the UK, 125AH £60 + £10 delivery etc, and cheaper on e-bay, Costco etc but usually only 100AH

But the local motor factors (usually the cheapest place to get anything - generator belt £1.50 vs Yanmar £16) say they can only order them at £250 a pop.

Any ideas for getting two reasonably priced batteries delivered there at a reasonable rate?

Would it be better if I nipped over to Corsica?

I'm soon returning to Spain, but I dont fancy the long trip with having to run the engine every few hours.
Here I am moored in Port Torres, Sardinia. (nice 'real' town and cheap!) But my domestic batteries are completely and totally fooked.

Easy enough to get in the UK, 125AH £60 + £10 delivery etc, and cheaper on e-bay, Costco etc but usually only 100AH

But the local motor factors (usually the cheapest place to get anything - generator belt £1.50 vs Yanmar £16) say they can only order them at £250 a pop.

Any ideas for getting two reasonably priced batteries delivered there at a reasonable rate?

Would it be better if I nipped over to Corsica?

I'm soon returning to Spain, but I dont fancy the long trip with having to run the engine every few hours.

HELLO

Try this place in Porto Torres

Chi siamo - Nautica Virgilio

I bought EXIDE Batteries in UK ad Drove down from France to Toulon to Porto Torres..

This Shop in PortoTorres could get the Same EXIDE batteries BUT FOR 5 BATTERIES IT WAS GOING TO BE £440 MORE EXPENSIVE

I bought 4 x 140 Ah batteries

WHAT iS THE MARIN LIKE It Looked Pretty Bleak When I got off the ferry

Regards

Graham

TANYA BATTERIES That is where I purchased them from in UK