• REMINDER

Any content, information, or advice found on social media platforms and the wider Internet, including forums such as YBW, should NOT be acted upon unless checked against a reliable, authoritative source, and re-checked, particularly where personal health and liberty is at stake. Seek professional advice/confirmation before acting on such at all times.

Users who are found to promulgate FAKE NEWS on the forum in regard to this issue, intentional or otherwise, may find their access terminated. It is your responsibility to provide references to bona fide sources.

FAKE NEWS, in this regard, is that which is posited by organisations, media, etc., that is repeated on the forum, or used to support personal opinion/hypothesis posted by users - FAKE NEWS is not necessarily the personal opinion/hypothesis being posted in itself, any issues with such should be challenged respectfully.

Barquentine "Kotahitanga"

Isla Bonita

Re: Barquentine "Kotahitanga"

Hi John, good to hear from you too! I sailed with you and Norman when we took the divers on the trip north and back to Durban, 3 weeks it took I think. We also took Cheryl's van to Transkei one weekend?. If you pm me your email I am sure I can dig out some photos to scan.
Cheers, Keith

Last edited:

Gunilla

Hi Keith, I'm the mother of one of Norm's grandchildren from another of John's brothers, Ron Kearns (sadly, also passed)... Ron sailed with Norm too and also took my son aboard, sailing from London I think, for around a year when he was about 7 in the late '80's... Timoti (my son - now 36), has recently acquired a 41' sloop which is moored here in sydney au... It's a bit of a 'fixer-upper' so I would love to have some photos of the Kotahitanga to inspire and motivate him... Did you ever manage to find some for John? I'd be very grateful if you could also email them to me...

crewman

This must be one of the most heartwarming yet odd threads ever. 15 years old yet still bringing people together. This forum can be wonderful at times.