Banned from landing in Scotland?

ProDave

Alness / Black Isle Northern Scottish Highlands.
Visit site
Possibly Scot Gov are concerned about critical mass events, what with some gathering about football coming up next week in Glasgow - plague carrying passengers on cruise ships don't have the vote but the occupants of the 'fan zone' for Glasgow 2020 do. Not that these two facts are in any way connected.
Simply that if you say NO to the Glasgow football fans, they will turn up anyway. The cruise ship passengers don't have the opportunity to get off when they have been told no, unless they all start jumping overboard and swimming.

wully1

Visit site
Simply that if you say NO to the Glasgow football fans, they will turn up anyway. The cruise ship passengers don't have the opportunity to get off when they have been told no, unless they all start jumping overboard and swimming.

footie fans in any numbers are dumb , vile, filthy , obnoxious scum. Encouraging them to gather at any time is asking for mess, vandalism and general trouble. Doing it during covid is idiocy.

jamie N

Visit site
{QUOTE="awol, post: 7703891, member: 10860"]
There may be one or two crew as well, possibly some who, until very recently, did not have to test or quarantine on arrival under the seaman's dispensation.
[/QUOTE]
The seaman's dispensation was sorely lacking for me on Helgoland, with an antigen test each day, photoed and emailed into Bremerhaven head office.
Now in IJmuiden, it's a very relaxed regime, which seems to be in response to a boredom of all things viral?

Daydream believer

Visit site
footie fans in any numbers are dumb , vile, filthy , obnoxious scum. Encouraging them to gather at any time is asking for mess, vandalism and general trouble. Doing it during covid is idiocy.
Seems odd to me that has not been taken down by the mods. but if one applied it to ( & please note i use this only as an example) people of colour or travellers etc it would have lasted about 5 seconds. So what is different about football supporters. Is it because one assumes they are all white or something??

SaltIre

Visit site
Seems odd to me that has not been taken down by the mods. but if one applied it to ( & please note i use this only as an example) people of colour or travellers etc it would have lasted about 5 seconds. So what is different about football supporters. Is it because one assumes they are all white or something??
Perhaps nobody has reported it. Have you?

awol

Visit site
A trifle harsh, Wully. The Tartan Army have, in general - there are always a few bampots, been praised for their humour and good nature. After all following the national football team has been an act of supreme optimism since we beat the English in 1967 (thus winning the World Cup?). Club fans actually expect their teams to win, something the Tartan Army can only aspire to. I expect some common sense to prevail before the fan-zone opens.

Daydream believer

Visit site
Of course he won't. Having quoted the text, his own bons mots would also get excised from the ether and we would be deprived of the benefit of recognising his righteous indignation.
"righteous indignation."-- You seem to think that I might have been offended by the post. Where did I suggest that?
An opinion was expressed & i see no problem with that.Personally i would let it stay as a right of free speech.
I was just expressing surprise that having had my knuckles rapped twice now , (once forbreaching political & once for breaching racial forum rules), that one has been allowed to stay.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 36384

{QUOTE="awol, post: 7703891, member: 10860"]
There may be one or two crew as well, possibly some who, until very recently, did not have to test or quarantine on arrival under the seaman's dispensation.
The seaman's dispensation was sorely lacking for me on Helgoland, with an antigen test each day, photoed and emailed into Bremerhaven head office.
Now in IJmuiden, it's a very relaxed regime, which seems to be in response to a boredom of all things viral?
[/QUOTE]

It’s a UK dispensation, although other countries may have it. As a key worker, oil and gas, you too should have dispensation on return to the UK, but not as a seaman unless you have a card. The rule reads that it is for worker working in the UK O&G sector, but it applies to workers working in other countries O&G sectors who return to the UK.

penfold

Visit site
"righteous indignation."-- You seem to think that I might have been offended by the post. Where did I suggest that?
An opinion was expressed & i see no problem with that.Personally i would let it stay as a right of free speech.
I was just expressing surprise that having had my knuckles rapped twice now , (once forbreaching political & once for breaching racial forum rules), that one has been allowed to stay.
Football fandom isn't a protected characteristic nor are football fans an ethnic minority, so we're still allowed to be vile to them, we just have to do it without swears. They're all horrid poopoo heads and can't be trusted to behave themselves, unlike those nice people who like(insert more or less any other thing that might have fans).

awol

Visit site
Football fandom isn't a protected characteristic nor are football fans an ethnic minority, so we're still allowed to be vile to them, we just have to do it without swears. They're all horrid poopoo heads and can't be trusted to behave themselves, unlike those nice people who like(insert more or less any other thing that might have fans).
In Glasgow it is possible that religion might creep in to the discourse.

claymore

Visit site
I feel compelled speak on Sweet Wullyums behalf.
It all stems from the fateful day when Invercockieleakie academicals left their Highland home to play Ardrishaig Albion.
Anyone with a tad of local geographical knowledge will understand that the only layby for miles around capable of accommodating a charabanc with 54 bladders , ( both teams were playing away + subs)full to bursting, is stuated just over the wall from the Author's vegetable patch.
The ensuing deluge of used Bellhaven on Wully's brassicas sadly did for the entire crop. Had this not happened , without doubt, the Perpetual Carnasserie Castle Brassica trophy would have been awarded to the lad for a record 9th year meaning it was his for keeps. As things stand after 2 years and liberal mulching with his secret potion - believed to incude the green ends of Greylag Goose turds, 2022 may well see him makeng a return to the Argyllshire vegetable fray.
Its been emotional and you owe it to my dear Son to find room in your hearts - tricky for Awol , him being heartless, to adopt a forgiving attitude and tone.

wully1

Visit site
I feel compelled speak on Sweet Wullyums behalf.
It all stems from the fateful day when Invercockieleakie academicals left their Highland home to play Ardrishaig Albion.
Anyone with a tad of local geographical knowledge will understand that the only layby for miles around capable of accommodating a charabanc with 54 bladders , ( both teams were playing away + subs)full to bursting, is stuated just over the wall from the Author's vegetable patch.
The ensuing deluge of used Bellhaven on Wully's brassicas sadly did for the entire crop. Had this not happened , without doubt, the Perpetual Carnasserie Castle Brassica trophy would have been awarded to the lad for a record 9th year meaning it was his for keeps. As things stand after 2 years and liberal mulching with his secret potion - believed to incude the green ends of Greylag Goose turds, 2022 may well see him makeng a return to the Argyllshire vegetable fray.
Its been emotional and you owe it to my dear Son to find room in your hearts - tricky for Awol , him being heartless, to adopt a forgiving attitude and tone.

Fur fish ‘n chips. - the goose poo treatment was a secret! Now every one of them Kilmartin chancers will be turd burgling the Glen clear of the magic poshun. Ye’ll be getting nae sprouts frae mah gairdin this year.:mad:

AngusMcDoon

Visit site
I have asked the Scottish guvmint for clarification. Nicola is typing out a reply now...

I finally got my official reply from the Scottish guvmint. There are no restrictions on pleasure craft from other parts of the UK visiting Scotland other than...

Each household must have their own cabin

Social distancing must be performed

Maximum 12 people on board

The rules are aimed at commercial boats & trips & don't mention pleasure craft at all, but that's what I was given. There was also no mention of whether passengers are allowed from the bits of England from where residents are not allowed to visit Scotland.

penfold

Visit site
No one will check; Polis Scotia have already said they have no ability nor meaningful remit to enforce any of this badly thought-out safety theatre even applied to visitors coming by road. There are no police boats anymore and even if there were they'd get a nosebleed if they passed the tail of the bank.