Bank Holiday Weekend

LeytonC

Visit site
Well, that was a waste - wind seemed all wrong (SW to go NW to come back on and up to F6) so did not go, although i spoke to some people who did go and said it was flat calm, haha, cannot get it write 100% of the time i suppose... sometimes being at sharpness is a bummer /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Went to gloucester instead - and got stuck behind like every narrowboat in the universe...

So anyone else out and about - and to tell me it was like a millpond out there...

NB. Solitare2 - any news on drive / engine?

SoulFireMage

richardgriffiths.azurewebsites.net
Went to Bristol over the weekend and found all the narrowboats that you didn't find. There's a dozen narrowboats or so that need to learn to raft up, and go under those low bridges for moorings that yachts can't get to!!
No electric all weekend except for a seriously dodgy Onan genny that has some geriatric issues.

We did have fun though. Firstly we were on the Arnolfini moorings, so lots of passers by including a close relation to Jesus who likes to walk round and round the whole of Bristol docks and stare at our boat. We had a beautiful Bruce Roberts 58' behind us who had a broked torque converter. Impromptu party happened on it so we took our pissed up crew and randomly joined in.

Next morning our travelling companions in a 19' Larson towed this 40 tonne yacht with all of us aboard down to the Bristol marina and managed to slip it onto an end space that was only 75 foot long. Very clever driving on the part of the Larson's skipper, Chris.

Had fun on the way over trying to get good shots of Dreamfinder at 22knots whilst bouncing around in the mentioned Larson. Got the shots too, I might put them online sometime :).

All in all a nice alcohol and diesel powered weekend really.

Oh and we had over 30 different people stop on board for a nose or a drink. Weird how both us and the Roberts attracted company :).

muckypup

Visit site
Went out for just an hour to test out all of the electrical & fuel changes I made. Everything went very smooth except I think the radar is fubar. 5ft swell out of Swansea bay was too much for expecting SWMBO & mother-in-law /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif. Had to turn back....

S.