Bad photo - Who was this?

Forbsie

Visit site
I was a bit late getting the camera out, but who was this passing Eel Pie Island on the Twickenham side at around 17.00 today?

Forumite.sized.jpg

Gavi

Visit site
It was me!

First adventure into semi-tidal bits and I have just had as much fun as when I lost my virginity and attended my first F1 GP combined.

We did a staging post approach to giving family and friends a hoot, using The Swan at Thames Ditton as a base (thanks to Chuckaduck for mentioning the moorings there). A friend arranged a rather neat central Richmond mooring for us:

http://i65.photobucket.com/albums/h226/gavidrinker/DSC00083.jpg

The tidal bit was great fun. I feel I went by Forbsie a bit fast... we were fighting wind and current on the way up and I overlooked turning down the revs when going by Eel Pie. apologies... amateur mistake. And I'm an amateur.

BoatOne called as we went through Kingston... I mentioned Raggies and I now understand why he thought I was in Hampton. Absolute nightmare! I learnt the following this trip:

- I've heard moans about narrow boats and have tried to be a-political, BUT - waiting area to Teddington Lock was filled by them, overnight mooored, and we could not hold. Thankfully there was a free staging platform (the little blue one) and we used that
- Dinghie sailors are arrogant and need shooting. In contrast to the above post, I wished I was in the narrowboat following me through Hampton because they would not have been able to do the avoiding action I was forced to take... so would have ploughed the ignorant F*er down. He then did it again several times... but others were nice and friendly so I forgive the breed.

boatone

www.tmba.org.uk
[ QUOTE ]
A friend arranged a rather neat central Richmond mooring for us:

[/ QUOTE ]
I need to know this friend /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif
Thats a prime mooring spot in Richmond and I would go often if I could stop there!!!!
Please reply by PM....dont want all the riff raff knowing /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Gavi

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
A friend arranged a rather neat central Richmond mooring for us:

[/ QUOTE ]

Thats a prime mooring spot in Richmond and I would go often if I could stop there!!!!
Please reply by PM....do

[/ QUOTE ]

We were amazed too. Original idea was to put us in the middle and row us back in, but when they heard we were only there overnight they chose to leave us there.

Top spot. Will tell you more if we have that winter beer.

Forbsie

Visit site
Did Mark give you the mooring and did you try H2O for a bite to eat? It was excellent whem Mr & Mrs h00 and I tried it a couple of years ago.

Gavi

Visit site
Yes, it was through Mark... but via a mutual friend.

I have eaten in H2O several times and have always found it A1.