• REMINDER - COVID-19

Any content, information, or advice found on social media platforms and the wider Internet, including forums such as YBW, should NOT be acted upon unless checked against a reliable, authoritative source, and re-checked, particularly where personal health and liberty is at stake. Seek professional advice/confirmation before acting on such at all times.

Users who are found to promulgate FAKE NEWS on the forum in regard to this issue, intentional or otherwise, may find their access terminated. It is your responsibility to provide references to bona fide sources.

FAKE NEWS, in this regard, is that which is posited by organisations, media, etc., that is repeated on the forum, or used to support personal opinion/hypothesis posted by users - FAKE NEWS is not necessarily the personal opinion/hypothesis being posted in itself, any issues with such should be challenged respectfully.

IN ADDITION it seems that conspiracy theories are finding their way onto the forum. This is not the place for such content. Users who post it may find their access limited or permanently suspended. Please leave it where you find it.

Azores Info

michael_w

Be careful with Anne Hammick's pilot books, unless they've improved dramatically.

They seem to have an awful lot of pretty pictures taken of harbours looking out to sea. Not much use if you are making a landfall as a stranger. Though they are handy for advanced reconnaissance by hire car.

Saddletramp

Noddy
Maybe these should go on the Yahoo group as well as I think a lot of Jesters still do not use YBW.

Thanks for sharing

Independence

Until Monday's meeting I didn't realise there was another forum. Would someone mind sending me a link please.

Thanks

Paul

Noddy

[ QUOTE ]
Be careful with Anne Hammick's pilot books, unless they've improved dramatically.

[/ QUOTE ]

Any recomendations for an alternate source of pilot info then??

Its a bit pricey for me, and the second hand market will be a bit silly over the next few months. But I do need lots of info to confuse me as I appoach the coast (adds to the sense of adventure).

If anyone has a copy and would like to meet at my office feel free to pm me /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Paul