Azimut 50

Fantome

Visit site
Help required please. I look after an Azimut 50 fly bridge , 2006.
The problem is, the air conditioning units are not receiving power when switched over from shore supply to generator. I had the generator output tested this am and it was confirmed to be ok. Does anybody know where the switch over relay is situated within the main ac electrical panel in the engine room or have any other pointers ? I’ve looked at the back of the change over switch at the helm station and it looks and smells ok, not tested yet.
Sadly two local technicians have badly let me down.

Fantome

Visit site
Thanks for replying. Yes it’s just the two a/c compressors and sea water pump, plus no power to the SMX controllers in the saloon and cabins. There isn’t a comprehensive wiring diagram on the vessel.
The units shut down while on a short cruise, I called in a marine a/c technician. He stated that the relays had packed up and took the relay box cover away with the details on, to find new ones , that was the last I saw of him ! I removed the relay panel , which was a swine of a job, probably why he never returned. Got it checked out and had the triac replaced but was told the relays and circuit board were ok. Still didn’t appear to be working, removed again and took for a second opinion, confirmed ok. Second technician said he would come and sort it but didn’t. I replaced and this time everything was working off the shoreside supply only, which is only a 16amp breaker, so trips out after a couple of mins., with both units running. Won’t worry about that now !
So to answer your question again , yes everything else is running when I switch over to the generator from the shore side supply.

Fantome

Visit site
Thanks for replying. Yes it’s just the two a/c compressors and sea water pump, plus no power to the SMX controllers in the saloon and cabins. There isn’t a comprehensive wiring diagram on the vessel.
The units shut down while on a short cruise, I called in a marine a/c technician. He stated that the relays had packed up and took the relay box cover away with the details on, to find new ones , that was the last I saw of him ! I removed the relay panel , which was a swine of a job, probably why he never returned. Got it checked out and had the triac replaced but was told the relays and circuit board were ok. Still didn’t appear to be working, removed again and took for a second opinion, confirmed ok. Second technician said he would come and sort it but didn’t. I replaced and this time everything was working off the shoreside supply only, which is only a 16amp breaker, so trips out after a couple of mins., with both units running. Won’t worry about that now !
So to answer your question again , yes everything else is running when I switch over to the generator from the shore side supply.
Just to end this saga. I finally found somebody reliable and he located the problem, which was behind one of the instrument panels on the helm station. A relay timer on, had been fitted in the circuit at some time, since construction and this is faulty. He bypassed it temporarily and bingo. Thanks for your interest.