Autopilot set.....

BrendanS

Visit site
Into 114 apparently. Can you make that seat run a few more times, as the boat will have to stay on timer for quite a while, and I'm pretty sure I'm going to go aground at Gib

fireball

Visit site
I'm just 12Nm behind you now - and at 15 knots that ain't long!! /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif do you want a tow as I head on past?? /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

the way I caught up was not by twiddling too much, but by sailing at 40 TWA and watching the shifts so the course i sailed was shorter than yours ....

If you looked at today, we started off with a true westerly wind - either tack would be fine, but as the day progressed there was a slight veer (wind moved to the north a bit) .... so by staying as far north as possible I was able to tack when the wind shifted and point closer to the straits ...

Obviously it will help to be able to stay glued to the proggy all the time and make little changes when you need to, but most of mine were just programmed in and left to run - sort of a practice for the real thing!!

I had a look at the programme - the second leg is going to be a pain cos I'm on holiday the whole week following the start!!

BrendanS

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
the second leg is going to be a pain cos I'm on holiday the whole week following the start!!

[/ QUOTE ]

You'll probably still beat me anyway. This is all new to me.

BrendanS

Visit site
I've been manoeuvring to get right in front of you, so while on autopilot, you crash into my stern, get holed, and sink! Look at my track! /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

fireball

Visit site
Cunning plan ... but as I'm going to be passing down your starboard side - that means I'm on starboard so you have to keep clear ...... /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif

BrendanS

Visit site
Permission? I'm at ramming speed!
Though I've lost a few places in the race, I'll at least have a hostage to hold to ransom /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

I reckon piracy could be an interesting component to the race. Would pay for some new sails etc.

Dipper

Visit site
Well done Fireball. Keep Brendan distracted for the next 6 hours so that I can catch him up. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif