Autopilot set.....

fireball

Visit site
Well, as I leave the boat to sail itself through the night - hopefully my calcs for the head up and tack are right ... but there is a pretty interesting windshift that'll make it more fun in the morning .... winds are light and progress will be much slower /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif

I'm in 57th place - I was in 51st, but I submitted a command with a delay, without ticking the delay box - so changed course and ducked a few places!! Doh!

Morgana is back in 99th - he's been picking off quite a few these last few hours - having tacked up the coast at the start and coming in to the mark from the north - he's either got along night ahead or he's programed his boat too ...

Perhaps it's not a good idea to mention H4marine ... who seems to be approaching waypoint 4 .... YOU'RE SUPPOSED TO GO CLOCKWISE AROUND THE ISLAND .... /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif me thinks the programing went wrong there ... (my turn in the morning!!)

There is a lot to be said for a watch system .... I'll have to find someone in Oz to take over from me now then .... /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif

fireball

Visit site
you could've done with stopping Morgana going aground ....

Bad night 4 me - went too far south and now dropped back to 198 - ybw_Sunshine has overtaken me ....but Neil is way back 250ish!! /forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif

Dyflin

Visit site
I had a surprisingly good night after a woeful evening (damn my social life!). Hope to make up a few places, but still way back in 210th

fireball

Visit site
ah, which one are you looking at - the official one or the sailonline one? The sailonline one has just completed the inport race ... now we have a break until leg 1 starts ...

Dyflin

Visit site
And I'm at 47, but that's normal with practice sails, it's easy to get near the front if you join early enough. Come race day it's a very different picture...

Dipper

Visit site
I didn't realise these practice sessions were serious. I headed off the other way. I'm 331st. /forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif

Dyflin

Visit site
They're not, other than for some ideas about routing etc. A couple of races ago we all went off to play with hurricane Ike /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif