Autopilot installer in BC

BristolDiver

Visit site
Need to get a decent below-deck autopilot installed on or 36 footer sail boat to interface with our shiny new B&G plotter & instruments.
Struggling to find an installer in the Portishead area. Any recommendations?

Would prefer a proper approved installer but if need be I'm happy to handle the electronics part of the install. I really need help with the engineering part. e.g. mounting the drive unit to steering quadrant etc.

Sneds

Visit site
Did you have any luck finding someone?
Curious as if you did they may be able to make mine work, hasn’t been functional since we bought the boat

BristolDiver

Visit site
Did you have any luck finding someone?
Curious as if you did they may be able to make mine work, hasn’t been functional since we bought the boat
Unfortunately not. Was talking with a major south coast installer about coming up to do it, with me taking the travel & hotel costs. However, it appears they only really want to take on a simple bolt ram to conveniently placed bulkhead installation. If it was that easy, I’d do it myself.

Which is sort of what it’s looking like. I’m comfortable with the electronics install & setup and electrical connections. I’m talking with Jo Line to glass in a suitable “shelf” to mount the ram on and handle the mechanical install to rudder.