Automatic nesting tandem anchors

Roberto

sybrancaleone.blogspot.com
Rare opportunity to buy a second-hand automatic tandem anchoring system, single chain and two state of the art SHHP nesting anchors to chase away all your anchoring fears. Or maybe creating them. :)
IIRC it was made in Croatia a number of years ago

gallery-desktop-1x

gallery-desktop-1x

Set di due ancore per appennelare | Subito

Neeves

Visit site
If in line tandem anchors worked as one might hope they do - it might be great (though I'd be twitchy over the strength of the perforated shank (seems a contradiction). I recall vaguely, the concept being mentioned when first released - but it never gained any traction (possibly because in line tandem anchors don't work). Noelex had a good picture of why, the closer of the two anchors simply lifts out of the seabed (and acts as a kellet). The oth

If you have the need for 2 anchors then anchoring in a 'V' will reduce veering - which is believed to be part of the reason some anchors drag.

Doubling Up: Full-size Tandem Anchoring - Practical Sailor

I wonder why the anchors are for sale? so cheaply

There is nothing wrong with anything being made anywhere - Croatia would be fine.

Jonathan.

Neeves

Visit site
I agree - we would not want people to think that the Spade anchor is not French - and all that it implies, quality, skill etc etc. In general it has stood the test of time (as well as any other). Its now over 30 years old and still one of the best.

My Simrad MFD is made in Mexico - but as long as the QC is 21st century - I really don't mind where anything is made. - We are twitchy when there are stories of 'slave' labour - and such stories come from modern 21st century countries with considerable industrial credibility. But let's not go there.

Well spotted Roberto - the 'tandem anchors' - interesting anyway.

No-one may have posted but you did have a healthy number of 'hits' - so there was interest.

Take care, stay safe

Jonathan

thinwater

sail-delmarva.blogspot.com
I you looked at the images in their own advertisements, the two anchors where never both set at the same time. When one engauges, the other is tripped by any change in wind direction. This is the nature of in-line tandem anchoring of boats.

The system does not work, which explains them being OOB.