August

muckypup

Visit site
Can't get down mid-week. I now work in Aylesbury in Bucks so am away during the week.

The only day I might take off other than for days I am specifically saving for (house move + paternaty + xmas) is to go to Sibs.

S.

LeytonC

Visit site
not sure if i am going this year to be honest, i have been for like 4 years now... unless i can sneak in a suitcase of soltron and start a stand /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

muckypup

Visit site
Never been before - Thought about going last year before I bought Harlequin, but with one thing and another didn't get to go.

I heard so many people saying that you needed a 7-series BWM on a chain around your neck and a transparent suitcase full of use 50 pound notes to even get a look around a lot of the boats... (Paul excluded of course! /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif)

Can you get much in the way of bargains there? I'd love a more powerful 2-stroke outboard before they are banned, but something about 15hp is sooo expensive.

Maybe I could settle for a new fender or two.

Steve

LeytonC

Visit site
Here are the 6 steps to having fun at SIBS

1) Get on to a X make i.e. Brooms - get your cheque book out and ask how much the boat is

2) Fill in the cheque

3) Right cancelled on it and rip it up

4) Say, if you had not sneered at me i would have bough this boat

5) Walk to another make

6) Person with the most sobs/most number of salemen chasing after you wins /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif

/forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

BrendanS

Visit site
The trick is to wander up and say 'one of my friends/colleagues bought one of these last year. Have you made any changes to specs since then. Mind if I have a look around?'

It helps if you actually have a name of the 'friend/colleague' if the salesman enquires who it is you know, so bone up on recent purchases on the forums. Trader is obvious of course. Maybe we could make a list in advance! /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

muckypup

Visit site
Just looked at the exhibitor list and it's a shame that Belliure are not exhibiting.. their MY48 definately looks like something I could invest any lottery winnings on....

belliu9.jpg

Steve

BrendanS

Visit site
Armed with a list of questions such as do they come with oil in the gearbox in the latest version, are the shafts aligned, and is the leaky roof still optional?

LeytonC

Visit site
best to say, a mate of mine bought on of these - but he has had some issues with it... see if you get a look of horror, or extra sales man smarm

Jinks

Visit site
I'm off for the last two weeks in August. Will certainly be out some of the time weather permitting. I'm going to Padstow at some time and might even try for the Scilly's if the weather window is encouraging enough.

What dates are you thinking of? Be great to meet for a beer.

LeytonC

Visit site
around the 2nd week of august, although this is not fixed at the moment, so might miss you - if you see the Barabara B around stop and say hello!