At the Bottom of the Deben for 2 years

jointventureII

Visit site
About 10 years ago, our little Mariner 2hp o/b ( I think the model after the OP's version ) went into the sea - attached to the back of an inflatable and left on a swinging mooring, flipped over in strong winds. It was under for 24 hours or so, so nothing like that, but 2 cans of WD40 later it was up and running again and lasted another 5 years until we sold it.

DrSpock

Visit site
Yes, not a 16th century warship, but very much in the sensible spirit of "can do" and not needlessly throwing boaty things away when they are broken or dunked.

I agree, however 50 hours is a lot of time to spend on something which a) has a practical purpose and b) limited financial worth. My free time is worth more to me than £3 an hour though as previously said I get the challenge,

[165042]

Visit site
Everyone is entitled to their opinion or there's no point in having a forum. To be fair DrSpock did say he say he understood the point behind it. I wouldn't have bothered either - and no offence but putting an old carb outboard back together isn't exactly rocket science.

Bigplumbs

Visit site
Everyone is entitled to their opinion or there's no point in having a forum. To be fair DrSpock did say he say he understood the point behind it. I wouldn't have bothered either - and no offence but putting an old carb outboard back together isn't exactly rocket science.

Someone else that has missed the point