Asymmetric Furling

Cowie

Visit site
Thinking of fitting furling gear for my Asy spinnaker and looking at the German company Bartels anyone have one or draw backs with it

Cowie

Visit site
Boats always eye watering cost. I am looking to run a 1.25oz kit for heavier winds.
Race single-double handed

Cariadco

Visit site
I've just bought a Furler (sort of) from Bartels and found them to be extremely helpful and great service. Spoke to Dennis Nunes.
I already had a Bartels Furler and the swivel on a Drifter Sail that came with the boat. So I bought the AT Rope and the fitting kit from them.
Had to be accurate with my measurements but fairly straightforward. I did a price compare with loads of other Furlers and was happy to go with Bartels. Their quality is superb.
Now I run my 110 sq mt A3 on their Furler (top down) and it works great, as we race light handed.
Wouldn't hesitate to recommend them.

Cowie

Visit site
Thank you for the feed back I am leaning heavily to Bartels and will go down the route.
Currently my heavy kite is 90sq mtrs, the racing landscape has changed some what with more short handed

zoidberg

Visit site
Thinking of fitting furling gear for my Asy spinnaker and looking at the German company Bartels anyone have one or draw backs with it

I have one of these TypeIII c/w top swivel....

52026192871_913cd7f6f3_z.jpg

.....which is unused.

Any specific questions, send me a PM.

Last edited:

cardinals

Visit site
Hi - a pal and I have been racing a First 40 double handed with a 150 sq m asymmetric.

We’ve been using a soft mouthed sock and it works fine with one on the foredeck. Less prone to problems, less complex, lighter and much cheaper.

Happy to answer any questions