Arrangements

Cutter

Visit site
I have booked the Yacht Club for 80 souls on Saturday evening at 1930 Frogtime.
There is a choice of 3 menus - price difference is really quality of wine allowed. I will make an executive decision and dictate what we are going to have.
I know there are one or two peeps with gluten allergies, veggie tendancies and sheer cussedness so please let me know if you fall into one of these categories.
I have been asked to let them know exact(ish) numbers which I realise is like looking into a crystal ball - if it were this weekend coming I suspect there would be few takers. He has done us a favour by moving another party out and I am keen to keep the entante cordial etc etc.
I have warned the Fuschias in St Vaast that there may be quite a few on Friday night but will leave it to individual skippers to book. I know some want to bbq and we can arrange to meet for a few jars after eats. Remember we will need to leave early to get the tide round to Chbg.
Fuscias number is 00 33 2.33.54.42.26
By my reckoning we have the following boats and crew but this is two weeks old and I apologise if we have missed anyone - just let me know.

Tome Amaya ?
Cutter Richard Sainsbury Ayesha 3
Talbot Hi Jude 1
waterbuffalo Karis 1
stugeronsteve 2Js III 4
Paddywackcocker Patrick High Time 2+1
Fergus Filumo 3
Ladyinbed Lady In Red 2
Sailfree Janes Buoy 1 + space
Becky Cornish Maid 1 + space
ETAP__owner Galadriel 3
Beduin

I know there are other - pl pm me with details
Havent heard from jimi, Twisted Ken etc

Richard

Sailfree

Visit site
At present Janes Buoy has 5 (me 2 friends and 2 boatless formites) awaiting a few replies until I put out a spare berth offer.

Off boat so no tide tables. Can anyone advise on tides to St Vaast (Lock openings)say leaving about 22.00 on Thursday pm. Is it E or W of I of W?

Becky

Visit site
Hopefully Chugginaround will be on Cornish maid with Richard and me, if he can put up with us for the requisite amount of saling time. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

BlueSkyNick

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]

Off boat so no tide tables. Can anyone advise on tides to St Vaast (Lock openings)say leaving about 22.00 on Thursday pm. Is it E or W of I of W?

[/ QUOTE ]

StVaast is close enough to 180 from Bembridge for this forum. The tide times and lock gates are all discussed on the thread of the subject here

http://www.ybw.com/forums/showflat.php/Cat/0/Number/1135476/an/0/page/0#1135476

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
"if he can put up with us for the requisite amount of saling time"

[/ QUOTE ]

Do you have a dictionary in your grab-bag please?

Sailfree

Visit site
If I go S through I of W where do I come out? I can find the entrance to the River medina on my AA road map but no exit on S side!!

I have answer now thanks LW Portsmouth 21.19 on 14thSept so will go E of I of W, normally find E is slower than being squirted out the needles!

Anyone else plodding over during Thursday/Fri night?

bedouin

Visit site
When is "early" on Thursday?

Our final departure time (from Portsmouth) will depend a lot on the weather forecast but it is likely to be about 8-9am on the Thursday - with the objective of getting to St Vaast soon after the lock opens

StugeronSteve

Visit site
I've just exchange pms with jhr, who's coming along, and we are thinking of doing similar. Leaving Bucklers Hard at about 0800, with the intention of getting to St. Vaast for 0200LT. Have got to confirm all this with MagnaCarter though. If we get knackered/fed up we will put into Cbg for the night and press on to St. Vaast for the Friday pm gate. I will send you a pm with my mobile details and mmsi etc this evening.

Sans Bateau

Visit site
To confirm Galadriel will be leaving Chi harbour on the Friday morning about 0530 at the Bar (beacon, the other one later). We will have four peeps on board. This of course is all subject to weather.