Are boats cheap in A Coruna?

lustyd

Visit site
Just watching the latest Chasing Currents on YouTube and had the sudden realisation that there might be a good supply of cheap boats there after a Biscay crossing that made people realise they hate boating. Halfway to the med so not a bad location to start from...

lustyd

Visit site
Haha I meant mostly lots of Brits realising their dream isn't actually as nice as they thought after (from the video) nets on the prop followed by Orcas. I might be one of them, one day, although assuming not after all of the appalling sailing trips I've been on ?

DownWest

Visit site
Gib used to be the place for broken dreams. Until they tidied up the distroyer pens and towed out the unseaworthy ones to scuttle in the straights. While back now...

lustyd

Visit site
Gib used to be the place for broken dreams. Until they tidied up the distroyer pens and towed out the unseaworthy ones to scuttle in the straights. While back now...
Out of context this reads like you're talking about the broken dreams of the British Empire!

doug748

Visit site
Trinidad, etc was always said to be the place. US sailors do the islands, lay up over the hurricane season and never quite get back to it.
Fine, in a way, if you intend to set off over the horizon but not a cheap or convenient way of buying a boat to bring back to Europe.

dgadee

Visit site
Trinidad, etc was always said to be the place. US sailors do the islands, lay up over the hurricane season and never quite get back to it.
Fine, in a way, if you intend to set off over the horizon but not a cheap or convenient way of buying a boat to bring back to Europe.

A friend was offered a 25 footer for free over in the Caribbean. He had me looking at options to get it back. I suggested cutting the mast in half, setting the boat at an angle and putting it in a container. Idea fizzled out since I don't think he really wanted a second boat and not one 25 foot long. The offer of a free boat got him excited, though.

RobbieW

Visit site
A friend was offered a 25 footer for free over in the Caribbean. He had me looking at options to get it back. I suggested cutting the mast in half, setting the boat at an angle and putting it in a container. Idea fizzled out since I don't think he really wanted a second boat and not one 25 foot long. The offer of a free boat got him excited, though.
A friend of mine did that with an Adams 10 (sort of a 10m Laser) from Oz to UK. It came back as 'household goods'. I think it still races out of Lymington as Boomerang

Ningaloo

Northern summers on Primal otherwise Perth WA
yacht-primal.com
That fog horn stops you sleeping let alone dreaming :eek:
No fog horn despite the early morning mist/fog last week. I do remember it from a few years ago however!

And our Biscay crossing was uneventful. 30 hours of fast beam reach averaging 7kts+ then gradually slower until the last 8 hours of millpond conditions and the motor. Anchored in the ria to the east of A Coruna for a few hours sleep and then on to A Coruna in the afternoon.

davethedog

Visit site
Yeah, in my recent circuit, just about every Marina has a few for sale. Not sure if prices are especially low, but at this time I reckon offers could be accepted on the low side.

Driftin a bit from La Corunna but someone may find it useful.

I have been looking at the boat prices here also and as Capn stated there are boats for sale in most areas of the Canaries but would not say they are that much cheaper than mainland Spain etc (more ex charter boats available there in mainland Spain and Croatia etc).

pyrojames

transat2013.blogspot.co.uk
Not sure that be a very cheap boat with container rates the way they are!