ARC 20 20

STILL AFLOAT

Visit site
Sorry, if this , is in the wrong place ??
I do not understand, the current situation ? Borris, is doing Uturn after Uturn, depending on his mood. Disrupting peoples holidays, with arbitrary quarantines etc ! So, ok, having paid the exorbitant fee, to get to Las Palmas, for 3 free days, dingy races and " Free " T shirts ??
Yes, St Lucia, accepts, that any boats, spending more than 14 days at sea, will be virus free...However, in the Racing Class, if any boats, get to St Lucia , before the 14 days are up, yes their arrival time , will be registered, but they will have to anchor off, until the 14 days, are up !
Then What ?? All the different islands, with different rules ? Imagine sailing to the next island, then get told, you must quarantine for 2 weeks ? This years Caribbean tour, could end up being a disaster of 14 days quarantine, every time you move to a different island ? Yet supposedly 170 boats, have signed up, for the ARC ? At the moment, Las Palmas is being monitored, by the Gov, due to a spike in infections !
I hope, all goes well.......but that, sort of flies in the face, of reality .

FlyingGoose

Visit site
This is not an arc problem this is the cansries government, the Caribbean governments and the moral conscious of the sailors . Laws are un place for a reason and if the ARC can run their operation safely why not, but I suspect the situation which is constantly fluid hence why people should not moan about their holidays as they were warned it could happen

sailaboutvic

Visit site
@ still afloat , mate us cruisers been dealing with the problem since May as we go country to country not knowing what we find when we arrive or if the rules change while at sea .
Like any other cruising problem , we just have to deal with it .