Aquastar 38 purchase - Survey & Sea Trial tomorrow

superheat6k

Visit site
Can I just say it was not the engines, indeed I was smitten with the things, especially the way they accelerated 10 tons of boat, with bags of power clearly unused. But this has become a very interesting thread.

Apologies that I won't be providing a follow up report post purchase.

Greg2

Visit site
Not sure if you can say from your sea trial Trevor but it would be interesting to know if you have any observations about noise from the superchargers and what sort of speed range they were operating at.

Portofino

Visit site
Shame an interesting post became a battle of ego;s :(

Which would you prefer ?
Same boat with Iveco 6.6 L or Cummins 6.0 L lower rev arguably more suited to a heavy SD type hull in U.K. weathers and seas on a passage or a lighter weight screaming 3.7 L powered one ?

Bear in mind the rpm range and speeds in relation to sea states commonly found in theU.K. That are in the screaming banshee territory’s .

It was imho after personally owning a KAD 300 boat ( in a high speed planer ) worthy raising this point in this re powered perspective boat purchase.

Forums = share info , experience,
What others do with the info is there business .No guns to heads .

superheat6k

Visit site
Not sure if you can say from your sea trial Trevor but it would be interesting to know if you have any observations about noise from the superchargers and what sort of speed range they were operating at.
I always wondered about the superchargers, and although a little odd when they cut in and out, the noise levels were not offensive on a short trip around Poole harbour.