Anyone sailing to Cherbourg early Friday morning?

Sans Bateau

Visit site
We are leaving Chichester harbour, past the bar beacon about 0530 on Friday for Cherbourg, anyone else on a similar schedule?

ozzyb

Home Herts UK, Boat in Morbihan S. Brittany
Visit site
Slight change of plan SWMBO and I will skip St Vaast and leave direct for Cherb. Dep. 05.00 Friday from Southsea, so if your leaving from Chi bar at 05.30 we should be within a few miles heading out past Bembridge Ledge. We'll call/listen out on 16/69 which I think was the channel agreed. U r probably a bit quicker in your Etap so I guess you'll overtake. Otherwise C U Pontoon P

bedouin

Visit site
Given the current weather forecast we are also a possible re-schedule to an early Friday departure.

BlueSkyNick

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
Given the current weather forecast we are also a possible re-schedule to an early Friday departure.

[/ QUOTE ]Looks like a good call to me. The synoptic for 0000 Saturday is a bugger's muddle. theyr are showing F3 westerly all day Friday, backing to southerly about midnight - when we will be mid channel /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif

duncan

Visit site
it's all right for you guys - one way or another you are in for either a nice sail or an easy motor............

if it doesn't go round until late Sat morning we will all be happy though!!!!

and funnilly enough xcweather.co.uk is currently showing exactly that again!!!!! - glad I checked /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif

duncan

Visit site
hehe - never got him (GC1) to the CIs let alone back as he was too busy faffing about with boats early in the year and August was pants for small mobos). I was over there in May and June fishing and currently plan to fish the Schole and Casquette banks for turbot Sunday on my way back to Poole..........if I am in any fit state after Sat night of course!