Anyone know...

flaming

Visit site
What happens if the race starts and I'm not actually at my computer?

I'm actually racing at start time, and unlikely to be able to touch it until the sunday evening?

Will my boat ust sort of follow the fleet, or will it not move until I do something about it?

If so, I'll be playing catch up big style!

Phoenix of Hamble

mishapsandmemories.blogspot.com
any commands you set in the hour before the start are what happens when the guns goes.... you can use a delayed command..... or in other words, if you set a delayed command to execute in the hour before start, then thats what you'll be doing when the guns goes...

fireball

Visit site
With Sailonline you can pre-programme your moves either to compass course or true wind angle (be aware that the wind changes!!)...

So, as I'm unlikely to be available at the start time I'm going to pre set up my start on Friday night / Sat morning so I can be moving in the right sort of direction ....

I don't know what the VOR official game is gonna be like - atm I think we're all playing the Sailonline one as it is at least available to play with....

flaming

Visit site
Is it just the hour before the start?

Have an 8am boat call on saturday, so idealy could set something up on friday night?

Spyro

Visit site
If I set a command to start just before the race will I cross the line early or will all boats start on the set courses when the gun goes?

pagreen

Visit site
Sail online boats obey the last command at the start of a race even if that command was given several hours before. It is not necessary to set a delayed command just before the start.
(Learnt this the hard way)
Registered as pag with sailonline

kalleh

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
Sail online boats obey the last command at the start of a race even if that command was given several hours before. It is not necessary to set a delayed command just before the start.
(Learnt this the hard way)
Registered as pag with sailonline

[/ QUOTE ]

Only commands (real or delayed) set to execute within the *last hour* before the start will act as starting commands!

Also note that I accidently removed all delayed commands this afternoon (about 14.00 UTC) during spring (autumn?) cleaning. So if you set your DCs before that you have to set them again. Sorry for this, but I went a little wild in all the cleaning excitement /forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif

/Kalle

BrendanS

Visit site
That'll teach me to take time out to give Fireball a broadside and board him. I'll try to stick to racing this time! /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif