Anyone know what’s going on in Watchet Marina?

Status
Not open for further replies.

[176470]

Visit site
...so in case anyone is wondering what happened to my last post on this thread, it has been deleted (again) by the forum adminstrators. I have (again) written to them (see below). My view for the record is:

- I have sought to be informative and never commercial
- The rules of engagement for me are so narrow that it is impossible to contribute
- That having now engaged with the administrators, it is simply not possible to find common ground

I will therefore not again post here.

Message to the administrators this morning:

...so having reflected per the above and decided to continue, I then post an update on dredging at Watchet. I also refer to the fact that we are able to "offer watered berths". I note that this post has also now been deleted as it is "inappropriate". This is plainly draconian. The point of the post is to advise people that berths are now "watered" at low tide...I have made no mention of price, there is no promotion and in fact it is relevant as a point of refuge. It is clear now that there is no means whatsoever of being able to participate in the debate.

longjohnsilver

Visit site
I’m not sure what the mods/admin folk at YBW are trying to achieve with all the recent edicts, but one thing for sure is the forums aren’t what they used to be, a place to enjoy friendly banter and feel like part of a community.

I know Watchet pretty well, and whilst it’s unlikely I’ll ever visit by boat, I enjoyed reading what you had to tell us about the improvements there, and your pics illustrated perfectly the actions you are taking. And it’s not as if you’re taking trade from nearby marinas! Perhaps the admin folk aren’t aware that the nearest is either across the Bristol Channel in Wales or your own up in Portishead. Or going the other way, all the way around Lands End and up to Falmouth.

I guess it’s their forum and they can do what they want with it, but they might just like to remember that it won’t exist at all without people taking the time to post here. I hope they reconsider and restore your last deleted post and pic(s).

Status
Not open for further replies.