Anyone been based at Uphill?

Brentwales

Visit site
I have used Uphill boatyard quite a bit and have my boat moored on the Axe. Uphill has new owners, they've installed CCTV and there have been no security concerns over the last year. The mud is nice and soft, so boats sit well in it, the only thing limiting is tidal access due to the river bed height, although the yard is planning on dredging the river bed and putting in new pontoons which will make the wharf really accessible, this work I'm told by the yard is planned to start as soon as possible.

Alternatively, you can get fore and aft mooring through Weston Bay Yacht Club at a fraction of the price.

Birdseye

Visit site
The berths look precarious at low tide but the surroundings are nice and the facilities are pretty good. Unconvinced about the security though. Best of all it is cheap
Isnt it Uphill that has had the clubhouse "arsoned" twice? Or am I mixing it up with somewhere nearby?

sarabande

Visit site
Isnt it Uphill that has had the clubhouse "arsoned" twice? Or am I mixing it up with somewhere nearby?

Why on earth do you not do a little bit of searching before throwing a hand grenade of a question onto the forum. All you have done is raise doubt and uncertainty, and sown the seed of fake news.

oldmanofthehills

Visit site
The fore and aft mooring hired through WBYC are dead cheap though can be troublesome to pickup as the wind blows straight across the river. Depends on your windage and the agility of your crew. Uphill Marina is water free at Neap Tides so one must plan outing for springs only. Never heard any major security issues in the area though I did lose an inflatable from my deck once. As it only cost £100 that works out at about £3 pa during my tenure

The River Axe and the creeks are very beautiful and though I have sold my Uphill boat I will miss that bit and have to be content to be an associate club member