Any Westerly Discus 33's out there gathering dust?

JumbleDuck

Visit site

By a curious coincidence, user Whiterose who has a Westerly Discus 33 with water penetration problems to the deck (http://www.ybw.com/forums/showthread.php?505287-Water-ingress-balsa-core-seems-soft), this Westerly Discus 33 which you are so enthusiastically promoting is called "White Rose". And has a serious water penetration problem to the deck.

Is there anything you think you should be telling us?

By the way ... a 39 year old boat needing a complete new deck and major work to bulkheads as well as having a badly blistered hull and poor rigging? I wouldn't touch it for free, let alone £7,000. What other essential maintenance has been missed for many years?

On the bright side, it's probably not a fire risk.

pvb

Visit site
By a curious coincidence, user Whiterose who has a Westerly Discus 33 with water penetration problems to the deck (http://www.ybw.com/forums/showthread.php?505287-Water-ingress-balsa-core-seems-soft), this Westerly Discus 33 which you are so enthusiastically promoting is called "White Rose". And has a serious water penetration problem to the deck.

Is there anything you think you should be telling us?

By the way ... a 39 year old boat needing a complete new deck and major work to bulkheads as well as having a badly blistered hull and poor rigging? I wouldn't touch it for free, let alone £7,000. What other essential maintenance has been missed for many years?

Yes, that's rather naughty of Whiterose! The boat is a wreck, and I doubt that he could give it away.

CAPTAIN FANTASTIC

Visit site
I viewed this boat last summer but I didn't go any further because of some obvious issues and it was very "tired", however, in my opinion, it is not as bad as it sounds and someone with plenty of time and good diy marine skills, could put it right and end with a nice boat; it's a matter of choice.