Any news from Watchet?

Allan

Visit site
I've heard a totally unsubstantiated rumour, from an unreliable source, that Cardiff marina may be taking it on. Best of luck to them, if they do.
Allan

Sneds

Visit site
They have their own dredger .............
Hopefully they can make it work
I’m in cardiff this weekend, I’ll have a word! ?

Allan

Visit site
They have their own dredger .............
Hopefully they can make it work
I’m in cardiff this weekend, I’ll have a word! ?
I'd be really interested to hear how close to the truth the rumour is. Feel free to PM me if they don't want to make it too public! My unreliable source was quite convinced, but I'm not.
Allan

PCUK

Visit site
That would be really good news. They would need more than a single dredger initially to clear the mud But once cleared a proper maintenance dredge schedule would prevent a reoccurrence of the current problem. I'm hoping to get back there next year, after an eight year absence while rebuilding new (old) boat.

ribdriver

Visit site
It is relatively serious but only if the marina operator comes to the table or something else happens. It has been reported in the West Somerset Free press, the Marine Group have approached the marina owner about taking it on. Not sure what ever happened though.
They would seem to be ideally set up to add Watchet to their portfolio.

The marina operator still has a good 100 years or so of his lease left on the site.

NotBirdseye

Visit site
Depends on how quickly they want to make a profit. I think one would do just fine, they'd just be using it more than usual for a few months.... if the don't do the old dig and scrape at low tide to clear out as much as they could that way.

Seeing as though they've openly admitted that they're interested is a good sign and will probably make the current operators pause for thought about whether they're willing to honor the contract or not.