Any liveaboards been asked to vacate?

Seven Spades

Visit site
I have head rumours that some marinas are threatening livabords with their lease if they do not vacate during this pandemic. This is not legal the giovernmetn made specific provisions for this eventuality.

(3) Subject to paragraph (4), a person responsible for carrying on a business consisting of the provision of holiday accommodation, whether in a hotel, hostel, bed and breakfast accommodation, holiday apartment, home, cottage or bungalow, campsite, caravan park or boarding house, must cease to carry on that business during the emergency period.
(4) A person referred to in paragraph (3) may continue to carry on their business and keep any premises used in that business open—

• (a) to provide accommodation for any person, who—
  • (i) is unable to return to their main residence;
  • ii) uses that accommodation as their main residence;
  • iii) needs accommodation while moving house;
  • (iv) needs accommodation to attend a funeral;

V1701

Visit site
There are lots of liveaboards in our marina, we have been asked to vacate but only if we have somewhere to go which is perfectly reasonable. I would hope anybody in any business would not intentionally make someone homeless right now, if for no better reason than the adverse publicity it would attract...

Visit site
There are lots of liveaboards in our marina, we have been asked to vacate but only if we have somewhere to go which is perfectly reasonable. I would hope anybody in any business would not intentionally make someone homeless right now, if for no better reason than the adverse publicity it would attract...
How could they enforce a departure ? And if they were to try physically " I've just tested positive so come near me at your own risk". :)