Any interest in a US based challenge?

continuousmoon

Visit site
The racers for the Jester Azores Challenge should be on their way. Congratulations and fair winds. As I trudge through another day of endless labor and stress I can't help but wish I was going along. I think I would, too, except...

I'm all the way on the other side of the Atlantic! Baltimore, MD USA in fact. There was no practical way to even consider this race, sadly.

The 2010 Atlantic Challenge? Maybe it is barely possible. Very difficult though as I would have to get my boat to the start line first. I don't see how I could get the timing right. Bummer.

So I was wondering if any USA based (or Canada, Mexico, or other countries on this continent) sailors are interested in a similar (non)race from our side. Norfolk (or Newport, or Charleston, or New York or whatever) to Bermuda maybe? There are lots of other races along this route; but I think most have a 30' lower limit.

Just a thought...

operator6

Visit site
Well here's the curious thing - I'm presuming all JC10 skippers will have to sail back after reaching Newport from Plymouth. Why not time a US version to coincide with this?