Any info on Pacesetter Yachts (specifically pacesetter 28 )

Hoist

Visit site
Does anybody have any info on Pacesetter Yachts

More specifically the Pacesetter 28.

We think we have seen one locally in a bad state so it would be good to know if its worth saving!

ALL info is appreciated, photos too

cheers

pvb

Visit site
I don't think you'll find much information about it. I think they were sold as mouldings for home completion, as photos of the few which have been on sale recently show very different fitouts.

As for the one you've seen, bear in mind it's approaching 40 years old, so will need a lot of work. Approach it as with any other project boat, be ruthlessly realistic.

Hoist

Visit site
oh we are very realistic about it.

Not the worst we have tackled, but its better to go in with knowledge

thanks for that PVB, at least its a start

savageseadog

Visit site
They were competitive a few years ago, in medium wind speeds, the rig is small. I knew the designer, Angus Richardson who intended it to be a Fastnet minimum boat about 40 years ago (couldn't be entered now), Angus was in the Fastnet 1979 storm race. Some have inboards, some have outboards. I've seen about five of them and they were all in pretty poor condition, the keel is attached in way I've never seen before . One I used to race against was scrapped.

Hoist

Visit site
Thanks again!

DT2.jpg

Just to make sure, that was the most distinctive feature I saw.

it is very interesting under the water, we had the floor up and saw a lot of alloy and it was all in remarkably good condition.

We were told it had an unusually deep keel but thats hard to tell when its in the water and winter.

It can be saved, but given its location and expense to move it somewhere workable I think it's not for us

savageseadog

Visit site
Thanks again!

View attachment 107375

Just to make sure, that was the most distinctive feature I saw.

it is very interesting under the water, we had the floor up and saw a lot of alloy and it was all in remarkably good condition.

We were told it had an unusually deep keel but thats hard to tell when its in the water and winter.

It can be saved, but given its location and expense to move it somewhere workable I think it's not for us
I've never registered that feature.
It is a deep keel, I would have concerns regarding the keel structure. Which one is it?

Hoist

Visit site
DT.png

She apparently came from the Liverpool area. The last 2 owners had no clue what it was and neither did we as prospective buyers.

My freind thought it was some sort of Stephen Jones 1/2 tonner but it's really hard to tell with that era of boat

savageseadog

Visit site
Don't know the name but fairly sure it's a Pacesetter. There was somebody called Keith in Liverpool who finished a few and there were at least three sailed in the Liverpool area. I've seen one in the Isle of Man. Angus Richardson knew Stephen Jones well and liked his designs. "Double Trouble" might make one think it was bilge keel or a Catamaran!

C Taylor

Visit site

We think we have seen one locally in a bad state so it would be good to know if its worth saving!

cheers
Did you ever get any info on this boat design. I have owned one for the last 8 years. I am trying to find out about the keel bolts. So would be interested if you actually got any leads on information.

Wave digger

Visit site
Did you ever get any info on this boat design. I have owned one for the last 8 years. I am trying to find out about the keel bolts. So would be interested if you actually got any leads on information.
I have just brought the lifting keel version for very little as a project . How do they sail ? and did u find out much about the keel bolts ? There is very little info out here so anything would be useful tbh

C Taylor

Visit site
Yes I still have mine. I did not launch this year so i have some work to do this winter.

Attachments

• 151C0789-50CD-4E10-BB43-EE4425F30EB8.jpeg
    151C0789-50CD-4E10-BB43-EE4425F30EB8.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 65
  • F2F574CD-5F95-407B-86F7-558DEFB76EA4.jpeg
    F2F574CD-5F95-407B-86F7-558DEFB76EA4.jpeg
    22.1 KB · Views: 46
  • 7EBA3B83-7F5E-4F28-B714-5C823D9E75D4.jpeg
    7EBA3B83-7F5E-4F28-B714-5C823D9E75D4.jpeg
    114.8 KB · Views: 50
  • D01F730B-69AE-4738-966F-DD9175351CE8.jpeg
    D01F730B-69AE-4738-966F-DD9175351CE8.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 64

C Taylor

Visit site

cheers
That’s very interesting to see a different keel profile! How does yours sail with the bilge keel ? And what’s it like inside?
Sails great, good strong safe boat. bilge keel boats better as my mooring dries out. Inside I have a 1/4 berth aft port. Then port side looker and sink area. Fore cabin is two singles overlapping at the bow lot better than a double. Starboard side I have table that drops into a double . Then toilet moving aft.
I have no pictures of the interior but I need to go down to check it soon so I’ll get some.
I put new standing and running rigging on last year. Mast setup allows me to drop into a V arrangement on transom and on land I have a 110 defender so can stand on roof rack to access the mast head.
Three boats where made in this area that I know about. The moulds came from Southport glass ply’s if u purchased all the materials from them u get the mould loan for free.

C Taylor

Visit site
Sails great, good strong safe boat. bilge keel boats better as my mooring dries out. Inside I have a 1/4 berth aft port. Then port side looker and sink area. Fore cabin is two singles overlapping at the bow lot better than a double. Starboard side I have table that drops into a double . Then toilet moving aft.
I have no pictures of the interior but I need to go down to check it soon so I’ll get some.
I put new standing and running rigging on last year. Mast setup allows me to drop into a V arrangement on transom and on land I have a 110 defender so can stand on roof rack to access the mast head.
Three boats where made in this area that I know about. The moulds came from Southport glass ply’s if u purchased all the materials from them u get the mould loan for free.
1693918698064.png

Other threads that may be of interest