Anti foul, Is it too cold?

Laysula

www.stevehuntdrivinginstructor.co.uk
Odd question but. I have used Micron 350 for some years now without problem. However today, it has gone on very patchy and I have used much more than usual. It seemed to be very thick and gloopy and hard work to put on. I normally anti foul later in the year May/June when it's warmer which seems to me the only difference. Everything else is the same, right down to the roller. Obviously it is well stirred before use. The tin was kept overnight in the house and then in the car till I started painting at 4pm. So Is the temperature making a difference and would warming it help?

Jamie Dundee

Visit site
Yes, it goes like sticky porridge when it’s cold. I use thinners with mine if I can’t wait for a warmer day. A couple of years ago it was skinning over in the tray it was so cold ?

Rappey

Visit site
Paint is certainly thicker when cold so that could explain having to use more.. No idea about the patchy effect...

eebygum

Visit site
Odd question but. I have used Micron 350 for some years now without problem. However today, it has gone on very patchy and I have used much more than usual. It seemed to be very thick and gloopy and hard work to put on. I normally anti foul later in the year May/June when it's warmer which seems to me the only difference. Everything else is the same, right down to the roller. Obviously it is well stirred before use. The tin was kept overnight in the house and then in the car till I started painting at 4pm. So Is the temperature making a difference and would warming it help?
I’ve also used Micron 350 for the last few seasons and my 3l can stretched the same as normal ?

I’ve just applied two coats of Micron Extra 350 - one yesterday afternoon and the second this morning; forecast temperature was was 6-9C; it was reasonably sunny and fairly breezy which helped with the drying.