AntarcticPilot

AntarcticPilot

www.cooperandyau.co.uk
Thanks to all those who have offered condolences; they are greatly appreciated.

There's an online Funeral notice, which has a link to accept memorial donations to the WaterAid charity. Calli was passionate about providing clean water and much of her own research was relevant to that issue. Please, no flowers, and I'm afraid I can't invite you to the funeral services.

AntarcticPilot

www.cooperandyau.co.uk
Again thanks for all your kind thoughts.
Calli's funeral will be this coming Thursday, the 18th. We will lay her to rest at a woodland burial ground near Cambridge, and then hold a service of Thanksgiving and Celebration of Calli's life at St George's Church, Littleport. Because of Covid-19 regulations, I'm afraid I can't invite you to come.

If anyone wishes to join the church service, we intend to live-stream it using Zoom, and I will send the link to anyone who messages me privately.

AntarcticPilot

www.cooperandyau.co.uk
A final note from me - Calli was buried yesterday at the Arbory Trust burial ground, near Cambridge. We followed the burial with a service to celebrate and give thanks for Calli's life. As well as the 30 in church, people from around the world were able to follow the service using Zoom; we had as many as 50 connections, and as at least two of the connections were for groups of people, well over 100 remembered her with gratitude.

If anyone wishes to see the service, it was recorded and I can PM a link to it (I don't want to make it public). Unfortunately the sound quality for those speaking in church is poor, but all the music and most of the tributes were prerecorded and they're fine. Be warned - we ran over 90 minutes; so many people had so much to say.

pks1702

Visit site
A very moving inscription, I hope you are managing your sad loss as best you can

‘Surely the darkness will overwhelm me; the light around me will be night;’
even the darkness doesn’t hide from you, but the night shines as the day. The darkness is like light to you”

Wishing you strength.

AntarcticPilot

www.cooperandyau.co.uk
A very moving inscription, I hope you are managing your sad loss as best you can

‘Surely the darkness will overwhelm me; the light around me will be night;’
even the darkness doesn’t hide from you, but the night shines as the day. The darkness is like light to you”

Wishing you strength.
At my request, the hospital chaplain recited all of Psalm 139 at the bedside when Calli was taken into hospital, and a friend read it again at the graveside service. It's a very powerful and moving Psalm, with messages of hope for the departed, and of consolation for those left behind.