Another Sealine Recall?

jparham

Visit site
Just received a message from Brixham Marina that Sealine want the keys to my '01 F33 for a 'Safety PPC issue/recall'. I've just read the thread ref bow thruster fuses/wiring from June/July '06 . Anyone aware of any other recent recall issues? Seems they want access to all afffected boats on the Marina......

goodwin71

Visit site
There are currently a team of guys from sealine travelling all over the world, putting right safety issues on sealine's built within the last ten years!
The bow thruster one was very interesting!

sunquest

Visit site
All credit to Sealine for being proactive back to boats built in 2001 or older. I find this quite refreshing at this time bearing in mind Gludy's problems which albeit are not recalls but disturbing to say the least. Geoff.

Chris_d

Visit site
Yes hats off to Sealine, getting boat manufacturers to acknowledge there even is a problem takes some doing, let alone them doing it voluntarily!

D3B

www.cutting-solutions.co.uk
Sorry for all those that think Sealine do a good job in customer service.

THEY ARE EFFING CR&P.

There is a design fault on th S29 which allows water to pour in over the seating in the cockpit.
they admitted this a year ago.
tried three cures now...none of which work.
and the whisper i had was that they were withdrawing the S29 (not the SC though)...because sales were poor. more likely they dont want to redo the moulds to cure an admitted design fault!

they are alledgedly going to look at this again next monday though they NEVER reply to e-mails asking what they are proposing to do
and I am not the only forumite to experience this problem

you think Gludy has been treated badly...my boat may only be 10% of the Trader price but the service i have had from Sealine has been disgraceful!

But well done to Burton Waters for persisting for me.

sunquest

Visit site
"THEY ARE EFFING CR&P"
If this is your normal choice of vocabulary, I'm not surprised at the standard of service you receive! Geoff /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

sunquest

Visit site
Clearly you and possibly others have had alleged poor service from Sealine. The thread referred to Sealine's positive actions on recalls. Unfortunately you do not have the measured response of Gludy to manufacturing defects, but degenerate to foul language. I just ask, is this really necessary. Geoff.

D3B

www.cutting-solutions.co.uk
I dont believe repairing/replacing/redesigning the canopy will cure the problem. the canopy thats on now is the third one.
the problem is on the arch itself. It needs a channel cutting in or piece of stainless added to act as a barrier. and thats where Sealine have admitted there is a design fault.
then you get Sealine and Fibratrim arguing as to who is responsible. /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif

jparham

Visit site
Any chance we can split this thread so the S29 issue is elswhere? I'm purely interested here in some info on the latest 'safety issues'. Seems Sealine are visiting my boat next week some time.....but I'm re-assured on peeps thoughts that anouncing recalls is a good thing!

Hurricane

Visit site
This isnt a Gludy problem.
It seems to me that Sealine dont know how to fix it and thats why they seem to be snubbing you.

I'm a realist - if thats all the trouble you've got why not have a go at fixing it yourself?
You might get some help from Sealine but if not - what the heck? - have a go.
Solve the problem and others (even Sealine) might be very grateful.

Nick_H

www.ybw-boatsforsale.com
All the major motor manufacturers, including the Japanese and German companies have recalls and service campaigns on a fairly regular basis. There's a web site somewhere that details them all.

Hurricane

Visit site
I dont think there is any thing worry about.
The two Sealine recalls I've had dont seem to me to be very serious.
I supose you could say that the bowthruster mod was serious but it was only to move a washer from one side of a fuse and put it on another.

I wonder if it isnt a bit of a PR thing.
Our boat is now 5 years old and they still seem to be careing for her.
Thats one way of looking at it isnt it?

JKay

Visit site
yes He did Paul.Was purchased from Burton Waters Marina

here in Lincoln /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

cheers Joe