Another new Nordhavn

Bouba

Visit site
Cool. Let us know what you think of it in a couple of weeks.
just found this video from the buyers of one of the first N41s. Some interesting detail in the engine room. Hopefully the crack in the gearbox is not a common issue. The small holes in the windows is a strange thing for this type of boat.
I couldn’t help noticing the big water lock mufflers on the engines. I have one on my generator and I understand that yachts might use them for when they are underway with the engine off. It’s just I can’t recall seeing them on a motor boat engine. Have I just been asleep in boat engine rooms ?‍♂️

EricJ

Visit site
I couldn’t help noticing the big water lock mufflers on the engines. I have one on my generator and I understand that yachts might use them for when they are underway with the engine off. It’s just I can’t recall seeing them on a motor boat engine. Have I just been asleep in boat engine rooms ?‍♂️
On small boats they typically look like the ones on the Nordhavn. On my Interboat they are similar. On bigger boats, isnt that all integrated in the exhaust silencers (Halyards)? The point where gases are introduced is high enough so that water cannot flow back to the engine.

Bajansailor

Visit site
just found this video from the buyers of one of the first N41s. Some interesting detail in the engine room.
It would have been nice if the bloke could have gone much more slowly when he was panning around - sometimes he was zooming so fast it was all a blur.
I would have liked to have seen more footage of the propeller shaft seals - they seem to be partially hidden under floorboards (?) - but he zoomed over them as well.

ShaneAtSea

Visit site
Nordhavn 64 In Depth Review | James Knight

Welcome to the long awaited Nordhavn 64 review, where James will show you precisely what makes this hulk of a boat so different to its predecessors.