Another new Nordhavn

ShaneAtSea

Visit site
Nordhavn Building All-New 51 Long-Range Cruiser

interesting new 51 ft model to be built next to the 41 in Turkey. It seems Nordhavn is taking a different turn with these boats; no customization like the other models, twin engines, wet exhaust system and a lower price; 1.5 million USD for this one. Could be a winner.

Very interesting

I looked at the Nordhavn 41 but i was surprised that they didnt offer it with a flybridge option. Especially for boaters who live in a warmer climate.

I was also a bit disappointed that Nordhavn's only come with a 12 month warranty

The new 51 looks like a more viable option for global markets and 5,500 litres of fuel in a 50ft boat is very impressive but its looks very similar to the Nordhavn 475 & 52 so i assume the 51 will replace the 52

But its probably gonna be closer to $2m by the time you add all the essential extras + taxes & delivery

The link to the Nordhavn 51 page is here N51 – Nordhavn Yachts

0001(1).jpg
0001.jpg

(y)

Last edited:

Momac

Visit site
Unfortunately my wife doesn't like that style of boat.
It's not a real problem for me as they cost too much and probably don't fit under bridges .

VladN

N/A
Visit site
interesting new 51 ft model to be built next to the 41 in Turkey. It seems Nordhavn is taking a different turn with these boats; no customization like the other models, twin engines, wet exhaust system and a lower price; 1.5 million USD for this one. Could be a winner.

I think tells you everything you need to know about which market the 51 is aimed at. The European market has always been resistant to single engined boats and being built in Turkey (which is in the EU customs union), the boat can enter the EU market without the fear of tariffs being imposed at short notice. It even has European stabilisers by way of the Humphree system

No price for a new boat is reasonable but within the context of current new boat prices, $1.5m is competitive particularly as the spec is very complete. I think the 51 will be a winner in Europe and elsewhere

JB

Visit site
Really nice boat - only thing is no portugese bridge and when on watch in the med at night time I stand for long periods of time in the portugese bridge watching the night go by!

longjohnsilver

Visit site
Great boats, a very good friend of mine had a 62 for years in the states, now has a 47 in the Med. He still misses his 62, understandably.

EricJ

Visit site
Bloody hell! That is a good looking boat

agree! The proportions look really well. With the wet exhaust there is no need for a towering chimney which helped the profile. I watched some videos of the couple travelling on N52 Dirona. That boat is so tall that they even had to wait for highway bridges in Holland which normally only have to open for sailboats.

Bouba

Visit site
agree! The proportions look really well. With the wet exhaust there is no need for a towering chimney which helped the profile. I watched some videos of the couple travelling on N52 Dirona. That boat is so tall that they even had to wait for highway bridges in Holland which normally only have to open for sailboats.
I have to admit, a Nordhavn without a dry stack doesn’t quite sound right, like when they first made water cooled Porches