Another new Nordhavn

Greg2

Visit site

Megs20Burt!

Visit site
The new N51 will have the same interior style as the N41 with the walnut wood.

So ask the wife if she wants a N51 instead ;)

And, I just beginning to enjoy your posts...???

If you mean the 51 that has just been launched, she thinks it looks like a fishing boat? her grandparents were fishmongers in Bristol years ago and she has bad memories of a fish smelling family, so I won't manage to pull that deal off.

The 41 though...?

Aside from the overall sleeker look (IMO), I will tempt her with the much reduced fuel burn (more money for more shoes/bags etc etc) from our current boat and a proper master stateroom.

The (relatively) go anywhere nature of the 41 would appeal to her as well?

ShaneAtSea

Visit site
And, I just beginning to enjoy your posts...???

If you mean the 51 that has just been launched, she thinks it looks like a fishing boat? her grandparents were fishmongers in Bristol years ago and she has bad memories of a fish smelling family, so I won't manage to pull that deal off.

The 41 though...?

Aside from the overall sleeker look (IMO), I will tempt her with the much reduced fuel burn (more money for more shoes/bags etc etc) from our current boat and a proper master stateroom.

The (relatively) go anywhere nature of the 41 would appeal to her as well?

Depends where you will use the N41 but seems pointless to me to have a long distance cruiser without a flybridge. Its just a river boat that you'll only need to fuel once a year.

Show your wife the Swift Trawler 50..... same price as the N41 and it doesnt look like it smells of fish ?

Check it out here... Swift Trawler 50 - Motorboats For Sale | BENETEAU

Used Beneteau Swift Trawler 50 Power Boat For Sale | Boat Ref 31318 | Ancasta

?

Last edited:

TwoHooter

Visit site
Depends where you will use the N41 but seems pointless to me to have a long distance cruiser without a flybridge. Its just a river boat that you'll only need to fuel once a year.

Show your wife the Swift Trawler 50..... same price as the N41 and it doesnt look like it smells of fish ?

Check it out here... Swift Trawler 50 - Motorboats For Sale | BENETEAU

Used Beneteau Swift Trawler 50 Power Boat For Sale | Boat Ref 31318 | Ancasta

?
PAE who own the Nordhavn brand never criticise their competitors and most Nordhavn owners won't do this either. In fact I've never seen a single derogatory remark about another brand of boat on the Nordhavn Owners Group.
So I'm not going to criticise the Swift Trawlers. They are nice boats.
But it's a fact, the Swift 50 is EU RCD Category B/C
All Nordhavns, including the 41, are category A.
This actually means something.
Depending, of course, on how you use your boat, and how you value safety if you go offshore, or cross seas, or oceans.
My wife was happy that we buy a Nordhavn because of that category A thing. She feels safer because of it. Especially when out of sight of land, or rounding Lands End in a squall. That sort of thing. We don't cross oceans but we do cross seas, and sometimes the weather is not as good as we would like.
As for the flybridge thing, that's just personal preference. I wouldn't be without one but others couldn't care less.

Bouba

Visit site
PAE who own the Nordhavn brand never criticise their competitors and most Nordhavn owners won't do this either. In fact I've never seen a single derogatory remark about another brand of boat on the Nordhavn Owners Group.
Depending, of course, on how you use your boat, and how you value safety if you go offshore, or cross seas, or oceans.
My wife was happy that we buy a Nordhavn because of that category A thing. She feels safer because of it. Especially when out of sight of land, or rounding Lands End in a squall. That sort of thing. We don't cross oceans but we do cross seas, and sometimes the weather is not as good as we would like.
As for the flybridge thing, that's just personal preference. I wouldn't be without one but others couldn't care less.
I agree. It’s like comparing a Ferrari to a Fiesta. On a previous link, someone asked the question of the 41, ‘is it an ice class?’. Ok, it’s not but the point is, no one would ask that question on a Swift Trawler forum??
Pays your money takes your choice

TwoHooter

Visit site
I agree. It’s like comparing a Ferrari to a Fiesta. On a previous link, someone asked the question of the 41, ‘is it an ice class?’. Ok, it’s not but the point is, no one would ask that question on a Swift Trawler forum??
Pays your money takes your choice
I wonder if a more apt comparison might possibly be to compare a Land Rover Defender against almost any SUV.
The SUV will be sleeker and faster. But will it cross a ploughed field and will it still be running in 30 years?

ShaneAtSea

Visit site

I am well aware that Swift Trawlers are Category B but i was just responding to the post that Megs20Burt! stated that his wife wasnt really into the pure trawler experience so i said that a compromise would be something like the ST50 which would be about the same price.

If Megs20Burt! was interested in the N41 then i assumed they were not looking to do transatlantic crossings and that a ST50 could easily get you from the UK to anywhere in the Mediterranean and beyond

As i would also suggest a Cranchi T43/T55 or an Absolute Navetta 48/52 if he had the money

:unsure:

Bouba

Visit site
I am well aware that Swift Trawlers are Category B but i was just responding to the post that Megs20Burt! stated that his wife wasnt really into the pure trawler experience so i said that a compromise would be something like the ST50 which would be about the same price.

If Megs20Burt! was interested in the N41 then i assumed they were not looking to do transatlantic crossings and that a ST50 could easily get you from the UK to anywhere in the Mediterranean and beyond

As i would also suggest a Cranchi T43/T55 or an Absolute Navetta 48/52 if he had the money

:unsure:
Yes, you are right. If you don’t need or desperately desire a Nordhavn, then a world of really nice, bigger, more practical and much more luxurious boats opens up.

Sticky Fingers

Visit site
The world of semi-D appeals to me for some reason, we enjoyed a tour of the big Nordie that was at SIBS a few years back (costly even at 10 years old). But very impressive, a little ship. What else competes with the Beneteau Swift...?

ShaneAtSea

Visit site
Yes, you are right. If you don’t need or desperately desire a Nordhavn, then a world of really nice, bigger, more practical and much more luxurious boats opens up.

When i ordinally looked at buying a boat i was planning on spending the summer sailing around the Mediterranean and then maybe the winter around the Florida.

Since the pandemic ive decided thats lifes too short and once the dust settles i want to spend a year living onboard and see where i end up

At the moment starting in Seattle and ending in Boston seems very appealing.

So my attention has turned from a Beneteau/Absolute/Cranchi trawler to a Nordhavn

I think that the N41 would be too small and the N60 too big so the N51 seems perfect but im not sure i want to wait till 2022 to get one

D

Deleted User YDKXO

The world of semi-D appeals to me for some reason, we enjoyed a tour of the big Nordie that was at SIBS a few years back (costly even at 10 years old). But very impressive, a little ship. What else competes with the Beneteau Swift...?

Very little at their price point

I see that Beneteau are about to launch this

New Beneteau Grand Trawler 62 for Sale | Ancasta

If the price quoted is anywhere near a decent spec then Beneteau are onto a winner with this one.

Bouba's new wet dream I expect ?

Bouba

Visit site

If the price quoted is anywhere near a decent spec then Beneteau are onto a winner with this one.

I was very impressed when I read that the new Nordhavn 41 doesn’t have an options list. Wait till you see Beneteau’s options list??

ShaneAtSea

Visit site

I did look into the Grand Trawler 62 which has a price of £1.3m (Ex VAT)

The one thing about Swift Trawlers that i noticed is that the extras lists are huge and i doubt youd get much change from £3m once youve spec'd it up

This is the optional extras list for the Swift Trawler 50 https://www.beneteau.com/sites/defa...PDF/M10222_SWIFT_TRAWLER_50_EN_LIGHT_en_0.pdf

The appeal of the Nordhavn 41 & 50 is that they are pretty much the 'On The Water' price and everything is included minus safety equipment etc

:confused:

JB

Visit site
Swift trawlers are great value boats and they make a pretty nice boat too!

When i ordinally looked at buying a boat i was planning on spending the summer sailing around the Mediterranean and then maybe the winter around the Florida.

Since the pandemic ive decided thats lifes too short and once the dust settles i want to spend a year living onboard and see where i end up

At the moment starting in Seattle and ending in Boston seems very appealing.

So my attention has turned from a Beneteau/Absolute/Cranchi trawler to a Nordhavn

I think that the N41 would be too small and the N60 too big so the N51 seems perfect but im not sure i want to wait till 2022 to get one

You could look at a 43, a 52 or a 55? All great boats.
Unfortunately, I find the 41 just doesn’t do it for me. The pilot house is amazing and I would never buy a Nordhavn without one! However , N51 is a lovely boat

ShaneAtSea

Visit site
Swift trawlers are great value boats and they make a pretty nice boat too!
You could look at a 43, a 52 or a 55? All great boats.
Unfortunately, I find the 41 just doesn’t do it for me. The pilot house is amazing and I would never buy a Nordhavn without one! However , N51 is a lovely boat

I think the appeal for me is that the N51 is built to spec which is perfect for a first Nordhavn

The other option would be the N475 but from my research the N475 might actually cost double the N51 because they are built to spec

I could be wrong

(y)