Anger at boats anchoring overnight

Walther

Visit site
It seems Nick Ardley has made an enemy of someone. He is claiming to have received a threat to burn his boat....

I do think threatening to burn his boat is wrong..
Probably just empty words. ... will be very surprised if the boat is actually burnt.

If it does happen, certainly the arsonist should be prosecuted. Wilful property damage is almost as bad as violence, and cannot be condoned,

In any case, Ardley certainly deserves the cold shoulder.

jon and michie

Visit site
After seeing the scenes yesterday at the beeches and Liverpool fans celebrating and the brixton problems and black lives protests/riots.
Forget the politics just use common sense and be socially aware.

tugger

Visit site
Probably just empty words. ... will be very surprised if the boat is actually burnt.

If it does happen, certainly the arsonist should be prosecuted. Wilful property damage is almost as bad as violence, and cannot be condoned,

In any case, Ardley certainly deserves the cold shoulder.

Section 5 of the Public Order Act (1986) suggests that line has been crossed already.

That slow hand-clap being bandied about needs to find a new home.

oldgit

Visit site
IMHO .
Give it 6 months and it will all be back to normal if the past 2000 years is anything to go by.
The anchoring spat will fade into the background all the resolutions to change the world will quickly be forgotton.
I will go back to moaning about Raggies getting in the way and they will complain about my wash. :)
Ps Stangate was very busy.
Lots of boats at anchor....................and all of us were thinking of course about those at work so here is a brief description....
30C and a glorious cool wind .Sky and water was blue.
Best day out for long time.