Anger at boats anchoring overnight

HappyAfloat

www.happyafloat.com
Email from www.msba.org.uk

Local “ditch crawler” Nick Ardley has expressed anger at the two dozen boats anchored overnight in Stangate Creek at the bank holiday weekend and has written to Kelly Tolhurst, the Shipping Minister and MSBA Patron. He points out that the current law is clear that we must all return to our homes overnight and not stay in caravans, second home or boats. He concedes that, while being in a boat is a perfect way to self isolate, the law is clear. The RYA has published a guide for us to help us understand how it applies to boating.

Ditch-crawler gets angry about local sailors (Lower Thames & Medway) disregarding Covid-19 instructions… | Nick Ardley

Dutch01527

Visit site
It is ok, Boris and the whole cabinet says that we can follow our “instinct” and that over rides the rules. Durham police agree. Obviously the rules are just for stupid people who can not be trusted to have good instincts. I am very clever and therefore I can do whatever I want :sneaky:

Old Harry

Visit site
Email from www.msba.org.uk

Local “ditch crawler” Nick Ardley has expressed anger at the two dozen boats anchored overnight in Stangate Creek at the bank holiday weekend and has written to Kelly Tolhurst, the Shipping Minister and MSBA Patron. He points out that the current law is clear that we must all return to our homes overnight and not stay in caravans, second home or boats. He concedes that, while being in a boat is a perfect way to self isolate, the law is clear. The RYA has published a guide for us to help us understand how it applies to boating.

Ditch-crawler gets angry about local sailors (Lower Thames & Medway) disregarding Covid-19 instructions… | Nick Ardley
It is plainly obvious even to wrexiteers, they were all trying to see if they remembered, how to anchor, in the secure knowledge & preparation for the eventual unlocking of Cv19 restrictions

Ianqv

Visit site
Isn’t it bizarre people are worried about isolated yachts mooring and yet countenance mass rallies involving many thousands commingling in a park. Surely Stangate creek offers less risk particularly if angling of course

Exactly!!! it's perfectly ok to go to a crowded beach or go to a rally (or even a bit of late night looting!!)....... but a yacht which is offering the ultimate isolation for those onboard is a problem.
Sorry.... but the words Bizzy Body spring to mind!!

Pye_End

Visit site
It may well be that the rules are not there because of the chance of spreading Covid-19 whilst at anchor. Perhaps because of the difficulties involved in evacuating very ill patients should they become so whilst cruising - particularly in the more remote places.

Old Harry

Visit site
It may well be that the rules are not there because of the chance of spreading Covid-19 whilst at anchor. Perhaps because of the difficulties involved in evacuating very ill patients should they become so whilst cruising - particularly in the more remote places.
C
A1 to Durham on Cruise control is ok with a full tank then ??

Capt Popeye

Visit site
Well I have just re read the Rules, they are quite clear, if feeling a Temperature, Coughing etc etc SELF ISOLATE stay indoors do not go out, keep hydrated and away from others

What simply better than Stangate Creek then to self isolate, no question of being or needing evacuating, is there ?

Pye_End

Visit site
Surely the rules state no overnight trips, hence this thread?

As for your second comment, how do you know that you are not taking the virus with you, given it can take 14 days to make itself known?

Capt Popeye

Visit site
Well it appears that the Mr NA writes books and if one looks at his personal Web Site he encourages one to purchase them, so just perhaps he (NA) is seeking publicity or self promotion, or perhaps, he is .......... ? who knows or cares one jot about his (NA) views and attitudes, I think he is best left to sail (wander) in his own little Cloud, best up some small creek somewhere, oh the joy and solitude he seeks

tugger

Visit site
Ok... I'll bite ;)

If it is “the perfect way to self isolate”, curious to know why does he has a problem with it?

However the definition of requiring to self isolate is now if you are showing signs of Covid and there's a clue as to what you should do if you're showing signs at the bottom of the post.

It is the little Englander way to humph and harrah at other poeple breaking rules, even if the breaking of the actual rule causes you or others no harm.

Until of course the rules you choose to ignore then happen to effect others even though you had no intention of it... Tombstoning off Durdle Door anyone?

Exactly!!! it's perfectly ok to go to a crowded beach or go to a rally (or even a bit of late night looting!!).......

Can you point me in the direction of where Nick Ardley mentioned this... I missed that bit

Well I have just re read the Rules, they are quite clear, if feeling a Temperature, Coughing etc etc SELF ISOLATE stay indoors do not go out, keep hydrated and away from others

EXCELLENT :)

What simply better than Stangate Creek then to self isolate, no question of being or needing evacuating, is there ?

...oh, and you were doing so well too :(

Other than where it says "do not go boating if you are self isolating or feel unwell"

Imagine having enough free time to write an angry letter about anchored boats. Such an English thing to do.

Oh the irony.

I've circled the bits that I think you might have missed but by all means feel free to point out which bits you think don't apply and I'd love to hear the reasons you think you're exempt too
return-to-boating-rya-guide.jpg