Anchor Wash Pump

Cheeky Girl

Visit site
Hi

I am thinking of adding a pump to give me a salt water powered hose to wash the anchor and chain.

From where the pump will be situated there will need to be a 6-8 foot lift and a length travel of about 10 foot to the anchor windlass.

What size of pump would I need? and any recommend suppliers.

Thanks

Motor_Sailor

Visit site
ASAP Supplies have everything you need.

It's all quite expensive, but I always think the disproportionately expensive bit is the through deck fitting for the hose. Some people have a more 'agricultural' (and cheaper) type tap in the anchor locker that works for them.

Boat Deck Washdown Pumps and Kits

You will soon be an expert on British standard pipe and American garden hose and pipe fittings. Good luck.

Graham376

Boat on Mooring off Faro, Home near Abergele
Visit site
Some people have a more 'agricultural' (and cheaper) type tap in the anchor locker that works for them.

Mine's even cheaper with no tap, just a Gardina connection on a short length of hose from the pump which resides under the locker floor. Chain/deck wash hose just connected when I need it.

duncan99210

Winter in Falmouth, summer on board Rampage.
djbyrne.wordpress.com
I have a sea water pump fitted which goes to a tap at the sink and a hose connection in the anchor locker. Standard 12v water pump like this 12V 100W 8L/Min High Pressure Diaphragm Self Priming Water Pump UK Stock 714131828159 | eBay. Fitted in the aft head locker and connected using standard 15mm water pipe to sink and anchor locker using standard push fit plumbing connectors.
I connect a standard hose to the fitting in the anchor locker and use it to clean the chain as it’s recovered as well as deck cleaning.