Amazing new specie of seagull

Bouba

Visit site
if someone could teach me how to post a short video, one minute, done on an iPhone and now stored on my iPad, it will prove everything ?
I tried Attach files, but it said it was too big to process (but it nearly always says that), my photo hosting site doesn’t do videos

Caraway

Visit site
Then the answer is "no, you can't."
There are other video hosting sites, but they are all like Youtube. You can use facebook, but the linking facility is non-existent and the display quality is rubbish.

Bouba

Visit site
There are other video hosting sites, but they are all like Youtube. You can use facebook, but the linking facility is non-existent and the display quality is rubbish.
That’s a pity, because after a long standoff where they stared at each other with the occasional commentary by the seagull, I started to film just as all hell broke loose ?

TernVI

Visit site
I have seen my fair share of death and suffering so I try not to kill anything if I can possibly help it... this morning I freed a bumble Bee that was trapped in a spiders web, two spiders were trying to stun it but failing. I could feel it's relief when it flew off
So your kindness extends to letting spiders starve? :)
Seriously I do the same, as bees are their to polinate my cider apples....
It gets silly trying to micro-manage the wildlife, especially those creatures with suicidal tendencies.
So far this year hasn't been too bad in terms of kamikazi fledglings.

Buck Turgidson

Visit site
Why? In what way?

‘All we are is a species, like millions of others. I think it is dangerous to think otherwise.’
(Gary Larson)
Yeah your right! We should stop trying to combat this virus and let it live its life.

How small before they don't count?
Should I stop eating everything?

Absolute nonsense.

Gary Fox

N/A
Visit site
Why? In what way?

‘All we are is a species, like millions of others. I think it is dangerous to think otherwise.’
(Gary Larson)

It's a divisive topic but, trite Larson deepities aside, posing a few trolley problems in your mind will soon convince you that animals' lives are less important to you than human lives. (I hope.)
For the extreme, 'Animal Rights' author Peter Singer's ethical conclusions may be technically correct, but this isn't a science and he sounds deranged to most people. He's been interviewed at length on pop-psych podcasts like Sam Harris etc.
Mackerel for lunch, mmm!

Gary Fox

N/A
Visit site
Yeah your right! We should stop trying to combat this virus and let it live its life.

Absolute nonsense.
If, in a hypothetical thought-exercise/ trolley problem type question, I had to choose between executing the last individual of a rare animal, (to make it harder, a cute fluffy bear-cub not a genital wart bacterium) OR executing a murderer, I would execute the animal, and thus its entire species.
Decisions are difficult, especially if you don't have to make them but want to parade your compassion and virtue.

Gary Fox

N/A
Visit site

Absolute nonsense.
It's not 'absolute nonsense', he's considering this very complex issue.
You have, by use of the virus example, highlighted an important point: 'where should we draw the line'.
Creatures need a functioning central nervous system to suffer pain anything like the pain we are familiar with. That's a pragmatic starting point, so no a virus doesn't count.

Reactions: dom

mjcoon

www.mjcoon.plus.com
It's not 'absolute nonsense', he's considering this very complex issue.
You have, by use of the virus example, highlighted an important point: 'where should we draw the line'.
Creatures need a functioning central nervous system to suffer pain anything like the pain we are familiar with. That's a pragmatic starting point, so no a virus doesn't count.
Perhaps you should read about the research that has been done on octopus cognition. There was a short series by a philosopher on that topic on BBC Radio 4 recently.

mjcoon

www.mjcoon.plus.com
It doesn't have to be a "video hosting site". After getting fed up with Facebook's uploading peccadillos I've been using Google Drive (for free) instead. You just cite the URL and Facebook recognises it's a video and shows a preview. Best if you already have a GMail account, perhaps. Example: Little Owl in tree

dom

Visit site
If, in a hypothetical thought-exercise/ trolley problem type question, I had to choose between executing the last individual of a rare animal, (to make it harder, a cute fluffy bear-cub not a genital wart bacterium) OR executing a murderer, I would execute the animal, and thus its entire species.

Wow, I'd have to really think about that one !

Gary Fox

N/A
Visit site
Perhaps you should read about the research that has been done on octopus cognition. There was a short series by a philosopher on that topic on BBC Radio 4 recently.
Clever chaps those octopussies and squids, and they must have very sensitive feelings which we can't really imagine. Definitely more than shytehawks anyway.