Flapjack - Flapjack - 3
Chubby - Debchick - 1
Scillypete-1
Chrisie-?
Solent Boat - 1
Ozzyb-2
Dockhead-3

Possible 56

Any definate changes in numbers please advise me.

You will notice a few omissions - they have PMed me that they can't make it.

If you do intend to come and are not on the list let me know

I dont have a no of dinners for Chrisie

If you want to go on the spreadsheet & receive a copy I need private e mail addresses (mobile nos would be good as well) for Krew2,tt65,mirror Image, Chrisie,and Solent Boat.

Sorry I made have had them previous years but they are not to hand at present. Please supply details asap and I will distribute spreadsheet circa Tuesday. If you have changed mobiles or e mail addresses and not let me know can I have your new ones please.

I will announce on here once I circulate the spreadsheet so if you have not received it somehow I had the wrong e mail address if you let me know I will correct it.

Can anyone remind me did we need to pre-select main choices for YC dinner last year? Please veggies declare yourselvers so that Fergus can get nos right for YC.

Last edited:

SolentBoat

Visit site
Keep me down as a possible rather than a definite (ie don't book me in for supper).

A singlehanded crossing needs (a) perfect weather and (b) approval of said weather, boat preparations and skipper's general state of mind[1] by wife.

However, I remain optimistic!

[1] Top Tip: don't let your wife watch "Deep Water" - a documentary about Donald Crowhurst's insanity at sea.

Sailfree

Visit site
Hl sailfree- did you get my pm as its not in my sent box?

Yes thanks - if I don't skive off work early on monday to go to SIBS (grandaaughters birthday in Kent last weekend) I will distribute 1st draught of spreadsheet.

Still no one has rectified my SAGA moment do I list menu preferrences before the event!!

tt65

Visit site
Still hoping

I want to do this singlehanded and am feeling anxious. Any other singlehands going from Portsmouth? PM me for chat/mutual support.

fireball

Visit site
Quite natural ... !!
There are lots of us going from Portsmouth/Chichester early Friday AM and we'll be listening out on CH69 ...

Sailfree

Visit site
I want to do this singlehanded and am feeling anxious. Any other singlehands going from Portsmouth? PM me for chat/mutual support.

Only you can decide based on weather, reliability of boat engine/equipment and your ability.

We went on a 3 month honeymoon cruise in 2004 to spain and SWMBO had to return early (either her daughter was ill in hospital or something wrong with my sex technique -need to check that out with 1st wife as well - yep daughter in hospital probably an excuse!!)

Anyway I ended up sailing back singlehanded on the 38' Dufour that we had then and sad person that I am I really loved the solitude and peace of sailing singlehanded. I set up a guard zone on the Radar and cat napped in the cockpit.

Other threads that may be of interest