After a laptop for the boat, one powerful enough for checking transponder and watching movies on

Clancy Moped

Visit site
If you have the room go for 17.3 size screen, we have 2 Lenovo's both spent considerable time on board and are still chugging along.

Refueler

Visit site
Thinking, one with Intel i3 should be minimal.

Budget up to £100, less the better

(no Dell, HPs, Compaqs)

prefer Lenovo, Acer, Asus

thanks

Ok ...

Acer - usually has proprietary Windows so if you have trouble - you have to use the small partition often found with back-up OS on ... But Yes - I am a great fan of Acer. I have an Acer at my left with my work on
Lenovo - actually the guys who built most of IBM's machines until IBM handed that side over ... I'm on a Lenovo now .... generally Lenovo doesn't much about with changing windows OS ...
Asus - my Laser machine uses an Asus and its good.

Dell - sorry but having had enough trouble with their '3 pin' power input in the past forcing use of only their power adaptor ... they are definitely OFF my list. I have two Dells in the other room ... total rubbish.

I agree that staying away from some brands ... especially that Acer was one of the biggest suppliers of parts to many Brand names ... then they decided to market own machines !!

For rugged use ... but you need to use an older OS ... the old IBM Thinkpads .... magic machines ...

For today ... plenty of i3 ... i5 machines out there second hand as people replace with latest ... but still working fine.

But I do tend to buy via a shop though .. at least I get a 3 month G'tee and they usually have checked it over ...

Refueler

Visit site
dell yes unless your spending loads for a high end machine but hp have got a brilliant track record
and a lot of government departments use hp laptops,
good luck with your search.

I knew the HP guy in Riga ... if you took him to McDonalds - you could get just about anything from him ...

HP are good at bundled contracts with such as large Dept's ... that's why you see so many.