Aerogen 6 wind generator

Pete Grenfell

Visit site
I’m looking for new blades for an Aerogen 6. I can get them from the French manufacturer but they are very expensive. Has anyone got a non working one or any spare blades to sell please?
PS. It suffered an argument with a boat hook, while guiding the stern out of a marina berth against a F4-5 wind – and lost!

Neeves

Visit site
Cannot help - but if you have any blades left you can still use them if you balance their installation on the hub - whilst you wait for the new ones.

I'm envious - I wish we had bought the Aerogen 6!

Good luck,

Jonathan

coaster63

Visit site

Pete Grenfell

Visit site
Thanks Jonathon. It’s a forlorn hope, but you never know. I’m hoping someone has an old one which doesn’t work. With respect to the performance, give me 12 knts and I can sail the boat automatically with “Windy Wendy”, the Generator providing all the energy “Helpful Helen”, the autopilot needs. Very useful once when sailing back to the Orewell from Dover against a Northerly gale without an engine. Took us 28 hours!

Last edited:

Sailorjg

Visit site
I have a spare set but they are on the west coast of Canada. Probably not worth the cost of shipping to the UK.
SailorJG, Victoria, BC, Canada

Peter Kjelleras

Visit site
I am a little confused here. Its so difficult to understand how you use this conversation. I asked how much you want for 6 blades to Aerogen 6. And how much it cost to send them to Sweden. They are pretty expensive to buy new. Please answer me in my email peter@kjelleras.com