Access to boats in Spain

MAURICE

Visit site
Read in the daily mail (must be true then) that Spain is about to lift restrictions on 21 June for all EU nationals including the UK. Hope that means i can get to the boat ive booked with Easy jet for 19 July

roaringgirl

bit.ly
Read in the daily mail (must be true then) that Spain is about to lift restrictions on 21 June for all EU nationals including the UK. Hope that means i can get to the boat ive booked with Easy jet for 19 July
I have confirmation from Spanish consulate in writing that as things stand at the moment, we (UK citizens) will be allowed in from 21st June.

syvictoria

Visit site
Yes, but will we be allowed out!!!!?

"The Foreign & Commonwealth Office currently advises British nationals against all but essential international travel." - Foreign travel advice - GOV.UK

Surely this advice 'should' have been changed yesterday to reflect the re-opening of numerous borders around the EU, including the French one? Insurance may be invalidated otherwise, surely?

Graham376

Boat on Mooring off Faro, Home near Abergele
Visit site
I have confirmation from Spanish consulate in writing that as things stand at the moment, we (UK citizens) will be allowed in from 21st June.

According to lunchtime news, Spain are "considering" isolation for UK citizens arriving there, in line with an increasing number of other countries. Portugal Spain border closed until 1st July except for repatriation, goods etc.

nortada

Visit site
Yes, but will we be allowed out!!!!?

"The Foreign & Commonwealth Office currently advises British nationals against all but essential international travel." - Foreign travel advice - GOV.UK

Surely this advice 'should' have been changed yesterday to reflect the re-opening of numerous borders around the EU, including the French one? Insurance may be invalidated otherwise, surely?

Understand a crew that was planning to return to Portugal, by air, have cancelled because they have been advised that their travel/medical insurance will not be valid.

Graham376

Visit site
Understand a crew that was planning to return to Portugal, by air, have cancelled because they have been advised that their travel/medical insurance will not be valid.

Most insurance taken out after the start of Covid excludes it as a Known Risk, those taken out earlier I think are still valid. I never bother, just rely on EHIC as I'm at an age where decent cover is a crazy price.

Graham376

Visit site
Do you guys there with residencia get into the health system too?

Those of retired age get free access into Portuguese health system but I think those of working age may have to contribute. Some formally leave UK , immigrate to Portugal and use the S1 form but I'm not sure how that works. No idea about other countries.

capnsensible

www.herculessailing.com
Thanks chaps. Interested to see how it works in other places.

To get residencia in Spain you have to have either health insurance or be registered on the Spanish health system.

To register you can own a business or have a work contract with a local firm. With that and an apostllated marriage certificate ones spouse qualifies too. There may be other ways but we did the first two.

It's saved us a small fortune in insurance premiums and the service is very good.

Clancy Moped

Visit site

To get residencia in Spain you have to have either health insurance or be registered on the Spanish health system.

To register you can own a business or have a work contract with a local firm. With that and an apostllated marriage certificate ones spouse qualifies too. There may be other ways but we did the first two.

It's saved us a small fortune in insurance premiums and the service is very good.
We did the same, we also had to prove we could support ourselves financially ie a certain amount in the bank.

nortada

Visit site

Am I right in thinking that in Spain (unlike Portugal), you cannot hold UK and Spanish residency at the same time?

I ask because some of our family are thinking of getting Spanish residency.