A yacht at anchor with no visible anchor chain or bow roller (or even anchor when sailing!).

dancrane

Visit site
Cripes! She's bigger than I thought. 100ft. Looked a fair bit smaller in your own pics.

50050062113_7f10afe587_c.jpg

Star-Lord

Visit site
[It QUOTE="dancrane, post: 7234651, member: 51267"]
Cripes! She's bigger than I thought. 100ft. Looked a fair bit smaller in your own pics.

50050062113_7f10afe587_c.jpg

[/QUOTE]
I guessed 30m. The CU was taken with a 130mm zoom (equivalent of 200mm full frame). The last picture in OP was with 18mm lens about 27mm full frame camera and shows height of mast.

dancrane

Visit site
I'd only glanced at a couple of the pics. If I'd looked harder I might have wondered why the stanchions were barely visible on what I thought was a fifty-footer, fifty yards away. :)

Roberto

sybrancaleone.blogspot.com
Yes the anchor is dropped through an underwater moving panel.
Not only Wally, it is used even in "smaller" posh yachts, those full carbon "daysailer" sometimes 15-20m long often used in the Mediterranean. I think I have some more detailed pictures of the system I'll have a look.

Sharky34

Visit site
You have managed to reinvent the which anchor question

But do I see a ball hoisted?

Biggish boat have one of the crew on anchor watch as they probably won’t be able to sleep anyway but then you won’t hear the thruster for the Gen set

Seems a case of if I can afford it why not ?

And some years down the line when the technology fail I will have a new bigger better boat and it’s someone else’s problem

Bottom line? I really cant envision a vessel without an anchor Etc
If he's aground, one ball ain't enough.

monkfish24

Visit site
I have worked on a Wally, inovative designs and very good at maximising usable space, that IS a thing even on the bigger boats.

It does look like a hidden anchor system what with the anchor staysail up. We just used a conventional anchor though so we could drop it on the bed in the marina before racing!

Star-Lord

Visit site
So what kind of anchor should a Wally use? :unsure:
A Spade. But probably a SS Ultra. The Ultra has an unfortunate catching point (so it will not infringe Spade copyright, I suppose). But I would guess they come with a SS Delta.